• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Actually we were told that he had an infection that Tilly did not want the players to catch so was told to say away from the training ground until he recovers.

Why i was told this??

Because he was meant to join Duncan on our table at last weeks Player awards.

So I guess it could be something like shingles or chicken pox. Not exactly the most serious but debilitating and highly infectious.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 12 2005,09:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ May 12 2005,09:35)]A full report on the evenings proceedings with pictures is now posted on the Trust's website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk
and a full report will be up here as soon as Leeboy has done it.
Bloody hell, you two look a bit scary here...

19-poty05barratt.jpg

wow.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 12 2005,12:12)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ May 12 2005,09:35)]A full report on the evenings proceedings with pictures is now posted on the Trust's website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk

19-poty05barratt.jpg

wow.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
that was after several pints to be fair

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 12 2005,12:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 12 2005,12:12)]
[b said:
[b said:

19-poty05barratt.jpg

wow.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
that was after several pints to be fair

laugh.gif
Lee in "beer makes him look scary" shocker...

wow.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 12 2005,11:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 12 2005,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 12 2005,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quality.

in what way is being ill, quality?
Do you really believe that?!
So what exactly do you believe then?

Perhaps that they do not mean 'ill' as in a cold or flu. Perhaps that they mean much more of a serious condition that they cannot release. You should learn to think before making such comments that you have no idea of.
... or perhaps you should lighten up a little!

rock.gif

never joke about medical matters!!

BTW I decline your kind offer.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 12 2005,12:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 12 2005,11:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 12 2005,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 12 2005,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quality.

in what way is being ill, quality?
Do you really believe that?!
So what exactly do you believe then?

Perhaps that they do not mean 'ill' as in a cold or flu.  Perhaps that they mean much more of a serious condition that they cannot release.  You should learn to think before making such comments that you have no idea of.
... or perhaps you should lighten up a little!

rock.gif
I am perfectly 'lightened up', however I do not and I'm sure many others on this board do not see the funny side of someone else's misfortune of being ill. I'm sure you would be delighted if all of your SZFC team-mates laughed after you'd just broken your leg and were in agony.

Joke = Funny

Funny it was not.

They would find it funny, especially if it was me! Anyway ...

All i am questioning is if he is actually 'ill' ... TITW and you have jumped on the bandwagon and taken it upon yourselves to slate my light-hearted comment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 12 2005,13:08)]TITW and you have jumped on the bandwagon and taken it upon yourselves to slate my light-hearted comment.
Bandwagon? I do not see any bandwagon before my post. I was and am merely posting my opinions.

And there was no questioning in your post whether he is allegedly ill. You said one word and one word only - "Quality".

Light-hearted it was not. As TITW said, you should not make jokes when it comes to medical matters for which you know nothing about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 12 2005,13:17)]Light-hearted it was not.  As TITW said, you should not make jokes when it comes to medical matters for which you know nothing about.
But he does know as he was at the Rendezvous with the players last week!

Was Corbett at the Players Awards last week? Bob Cratchitt said that Corbett was supposed to be on his table but was absent. Or did the General attend and hear some info from the players which suggests that Corbett is not as "ill" as made out?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 12 2005,13:45)]Was Corbett at the Players Awards last week? Bob Cratchitt said that Corbett was supposed to be on his table but was absent. Or did the General attend and hear some info from the players which suggests that Corbett is not as "ill" as made out?
Corbett wasn't there but others were!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 12 2005,13:45)]Was Corbett at the Players Awards last week? Bob Cratchitt said that Corbett was supposed to be on his table but was absent. Or did the General attend and hear some info from the players which suggests that Corbett is not as "ill" as made out?
He's been "ill" for the best part of two years hasn't he? I think he's got Ireallycouldntgiveaf**kitis. It's very contagious and hence it's best that he's kept away from a successful team such as ours this year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 12 2005,13:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 12 2005,13:17)]Light-hearted it was not.  As TITW said, you should not make jokes when it comes to medical matters for which you know nothing about.
But he does know as he was at the Rendezvous with the players last week!
And the players are going to have told him the truth?

Somehow I doubt it, as his comments prove.

So I must assume that The General has heard some tidbit of information about Corbett from a player or players questioning the validity of the "illness."

Back