• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Praise for the Shrimpers Trust from Cheltenham Town fans

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Can I just say how much praise the Shrimpers Trust got today. As I was sitting in the Shrimpers Bar earlier with Brettie Angell and 4 Cheltenham fans, two Chelts fans said that they have nothing like what the Shrimpers Trust do at Cheltenham Town. They also admired the flags from opposing teams in the Shrimpers Bar showing off who we've played in our past, saying that the club bar at Cheltenham have actually took them down, like they are embarrassed about their history.

They asked me what type of events do we run, and when I told them, they said that Cheltenham Town Trust do similar ones but no one's interested and when they needed volunteers to help sort out the pitch over xmas, only 30 turned up.

I think that they are now going to mention back in Cheltenham some ideas like what we do here to see if things can change. Also mentioned to them about SZ being a great website for fans and how different it is from other fan websites, and they seemed keen on checking this site out.

Nice to see other team's fans appreciate what we do for the club. :)

Can I just say how much praise the Shrimpers Trust got today. As I was sitting in the Shrimpers Bar earlier with Brettie Angell and 4 Cheltenham fans, two Chelts fans said that they have nothing like what the Shrimpers Trust do at Cheltenham Town. They also admired the flags from opposing teams in the Shrimpers Bar showing off who we've played in our past, saying that the club bar at Cheltenham have actually took them down, like they are embarrassed about their history.

They asked me what type of events do we run, and when I told them, they said that Cheltenham Town Trust do similar ones but no one's interested and when they needed volunteers to help sort out the pitch over xmas, only 30 turned up.

I think that they are now going to mention back in Cheltenham some ideas like what we do here to see if things can change. Also mentioned to them about SZ being a great website for fans and how different it is from other fan websites, and they seemed keen on checking this site out.

Nice to see other team's fans appreciate what we do for the club. :)

It probably explains why they only get a 2-3000 turn up at their games.

I saw them play Notts County at home last season & the apathy is something even Southend fans would be ashamed of! They need a kick up the bum & they could pull in a fair few more fans than they do!!

It probably explains why they only get a 2-3000 turn up at their games.

I saw them play Notts County at home last season & the apathy is something even Southend fans would be ashamed of! They need a kick up the bum & they could pull in a fair few more fans than they do!!

Well they are charging £20 a game over there, which some of the home fans are refusing to pay, but because of the amount of away fans that go to Cheltenham and pay that money, the management/Chairman/Boss upstairs don't care that the home fan numbers are deteriorating. That isnt really good management in my eyes.

Hills,

Thanks for that. It does make a change for the Trust to receive praise and we are glad your friends enjoyed their time here. Not doubt even more so after the result :thumbdown:

The apathy surrounding the Events the Cheltenham Trust run is by no means unique. We also have to push our Events very hard to make them worthwhile.

Thanks again for posting this.

Back