• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcrocks

Older but no bloody wiser.
A millers poster on their forum, put this up..................................

Beaten by a better team..
Now, dont get me wrong, i'm not shy in saying we were poor. Or slating players like Newey & Tonge(who once again were ****e, same as at Torquay & Accrington), but today we were beaten by a far better team.

Sturrock got his tactics right, and they have some excellent players.

I'd just like to say, well done to Sarfend, and see you on that Friday night for a stop over.

Well done, you will win promotion!

And another fan's comments-
Few teams will beat Southend however.They look to have the blend of experience,discipline :stunned: and organisation that will roll them on to promotion when the possibly more skilled but inconsistent teams are faltering.

Good to hear and that with our three worst disciplinary record holders not playing. Makes a massive difference.

Millers Fan - "We were unbeaten at home and we came up against probably the hardest competition I have seen us play at home for quite a while with slick passing football and play well as a team all across the park"

Andy Scott - "We were out fought and out run. Southend were better than us in every department"

Millers Fan - "We were beaten by a better team, maybe they will go on to run away with the league"

Millers Fan - "Southend should be up there at the end of the season, they looked well organised an difficult to break down"

Millers Fan - "Southend were well organised and were quick to our forwards when they recieved the ball, it is doubtfull many other defences in league 2 could carry this off as well as yesterdays opponents"

Last edited:
It's great to read stuff like this. However I think it's important to remember that whilst one defeat doesn't mean you're going down, one victory doesn't guarantee promotion either. We need to carry these performances and results on and have fans of other clubs be saying this about us most weeks.

I think in Harris n Dickinson we have 2 forwards who should score us enough goals and in Ryan Hall one of the best wingers in the league. So if we keep it tight at the back we should be up there. To have Barry Corr on the bench too would be great.

Amazing how rival fans were so quick to praise us when some of our own "supporters" would not be able to say a good word even if we had won 10 - 0. Fair do's to Rotherham fans for being so honest.:clap:

Amazing how rival fans were so quick to praise us when some of our own "supporters" would not be able to say a good word even if we had won 10 - 0. Fair do's to Rotherham fans for being so honest.:clap:

alas, Interpol Shrimper hasn't been won over just yet.

"Yes, football is a results business, but honestly can any true Southend FOOTBALL fan be happy about the "tactics" of the Kilted Buffoon? Maybe, you can if you aspire to support a team who make the 1980s Wimbledon Crazy Gang look like Cruyff era Total Voetbal.

He who must no longer be mentioned proved you don't need to pump the ball hard, fast & long up the park time & time again! Watch goal number 2, the ball doesn't actually touch the floor from Clohessey's throw-in until Timlin has volleyed it in the net! Come on, that's not FOOTBALL & the 3rd is pretty similar but with a better finish! "

"Yes, football is a results business, but honestly can any true Southend FOOTBALL fan be happy about the "tactics" of the Kilted Buffoon? Maybe, you can if you aspire to support a team who make the 1980s Wimbledon Crazy Gang look like Cruyff era Total Voetbal.

He who must no longer be mentioned proved you don't need to pump the ball hard, fast & long up the park time & time again! Watch goal number 2, the ball doesn't actually touch the floor from Clohessey's throw-in until Timlin has volleyed it in the net! Come on, that's not FOOTBALL & the 3rd is pretty similar but with a better finish! "

I reckon Rich wants to come back but he has spouted too much vitriol this last year he is too embarrassed

What a dick. He obviously wasn't watching that closely as it wasn't Clohessy taking the throw.

Is he :net: or something? Is it Timlin's fault the ball was half cleared by Rotherham into his path twice? What was he supposed to do refuse to shoot as we hadn't knocked at least ten passes to feet first? Are we not supposed to use Leonard's long throw then?

What a numpty lol.... :hilarious:

the daily Anti-Sturrock feeling is still going strong, just to the Yahoo mailing list instead.

I think people need to get over themselves and just support the team. Sturrock is doing a good job, that's a clear fact.

Why are you so anti-Sturrock, just out of interest? He is one of the better managers we have had at Roots Hall in the last 20 years and we are lucky to have him I think

the daily Anti-Sturrock feeling is still going strong, just to the Yahoo mailing list instead.

Just had a look at the Yahoo list --- only a few posters including the Chairman of the Trust ( who told us last week he doesn't visit the Zone ) and certain anti-PS poster who, thankfully, doesn't post his hatred on here any more and a couple of others. Seems very serious and probably intellectually superior to us yobs on the Zone. Not a board I would be rushing to beg entry.

I think people need to get over themselves and just support the team. Sturrock is doing a good job, that's a clear fact.

Why are you so anti-Sturrock, just out of interest? He is one of the better managers we have had at Roots Hall in the last 20 years and we are lucky to have him I think

I don't think Kenny is anti Sturrock, he is just copying and pasting an anti-sturrock post from the yahoo list from a former poster from here.

I'm not in the anti camp myself, yes I agree the football has been damned ugly most of the time (what little I have seen of it myself) but I think he's done a cracking job in the circumstances. I just thought Interpols comments were apt in light of the comment shallowshrimper made about our fans still not being happy

Back