• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

But he could be playing in the Championship with us in 2 seasons time in our brand new 3 sided stadium, why would he want to leave?

According to Sky Sports he can walk for free mid-March if he doesn't sign a contract...

He wouldn't be able to play for another club though, as it's outside the transfer window. I presume his development contract means he's considered as "attached" to us.

So if he's with us until the end of the season you offer to increase his wages, maybe throw in a £5k signing-on fee to sign a pro contract until the end of the season. He signs that and that way we are entitled to a fee when he moves on in the summer.

I still feel you try and sign him with the argument that he'll be getting first team football here and he'll be working alongside a top coach in Sturrock who'll improve him as a player. Far better for him to be sold to a club for a fee as if a championship club likes you, they'll pay a fee for you. If a championship club don't like you enough to pay a fee, are they going to like you enough to play you?

You would like to think that he's got a pretty level head on his shoulders which is telling him that he should stay. Yes he will get better money at a "bigger" club but from interviews I've seen it seems he just wants to play football, and where better than where he is now to do that? I hope he just doesn't waste his talent rotting in the reserves elsewhere. Here's hoping!

I still feel you try and sign him with the argument that he'll be getting first team football here and he'll be working alongside a top coach in Sturrock who'll improve him as a player. Far better for him to be sold to a club for a fee as if a championship club likes you, they'll pay a fee for you. If a championship club don't like you enough to pay a fee, are they going to like you enough to play you?

It's difficult to make that arguement when players and staff aren't getting paid though.

Indeed we should get a fee determined by tribunal- normally an upfront with addons. However, he might wish to ignore his agent (if indeed he is recommending a move in the first place) and consider that playing week in week out in competitive games for a couple of years will be better development than joining the likes of Moussa and O'Keefe in very reserve teams playing in front of absolutely no-one.

Moussa is a first team starter in the Championship with Doncaster.

He was in the box above/behind me last night in a shirt and tie, if that means anything? Hopefully my solo rendition of "We've got the best Ferdinand" may have persuaded him to stay?

He was in the box above/behind me last night in a shirt and tie, if that means anything? Hopefully my solo rendition of "We've got the best Ferdinand" may have persuaded him to stay?

All club players are asked to attend games and are usually placed in one of the boxes.

Tilson and Brush were also present last night on a scouting mission. I'd hate to think that it'd be for one of our own, but it surely can't have been for a Barnet player.

All club players are asked to attend games and are usually placed in one of the boxes.

Tilson and Brush were also present last night on a scouting mission. I'd hate to think that it'd be for one of our own, but it surely can't have been for a Barnet player.

Won't they have been scouting us, as we play them in a couple of weeks' time?

well most on here had said their thanks & goodbyes to both Grant and Moshni in the transfer window after rumours & interpretations of their actions after games etc, and they're both still here, so who knows. I certainly don't, but if its a done deal as implied at the start of the thread, why has it not been announced? what's the point in keeping it secret, we'll have to be told eventually and surely straight after a win is as good a time as any to be given bad news..

well most on here had said their thanks & goodbyes to both Grant and Moshni in the transfer window after rumours & interpretations of their actions after games etc, and they're both still here, so who knows. I certainly don't, but if its a done deal as implied at the start of the thread, why has it not been announced? what's the point in keeping it secret, we'll have to be told eventually and surely straight after a win is as good a time as any to be given bad news..

Because it hasnt been finalised.

Why announce something that hasnt happened yet?

If he wants to leave for a bigger/higher positioned club then cant blame him for that, would have been nice to get something for him though.

I think Tilly was there in person to pick up the money owed to him, he didn't trust RM when he told him "the cheque's in the post".

:winking:

He is?? When did that happen?

I didn't know it aswell but on doncaster os theres an interview with him

"It may have only been his second appearance in a Rovers shirt, but loan midfielder Franck Moussa is going about becoming a potentially key figure in Rovers' resurgence very quickly indeed.
The 21 year-old, on loan from fellow Championship side Leicester City, caused Tuesday's opponents Norwich City no end of problems in a superb performance from Doncaster Rovers - with the visitors leaving Carrow Road with their first point in five games."

Shaved his hair off aswell!

Did anyone actually see Tilly & brush? I was told they didn't turn up even though seats were allocated to them in the Directors box

Back