• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
The expectation from the fans of these two 'big' clubs is mounting .Forest could be promoted today if they get past their jinx team Yeovil and Donny screw up - but will they get another bout of the nerves if they find themselves in the play-offs again ?

And Leeds fans expect their mighty team to win now that they have been hard done by again . There is no doubt that the 15 point deduction united their indignant supporters at the start of the season , when a few months earlier there was considerable dis-content and dissatisfaction with KB. Undoubtedly this lifted the team and their points tally during the early part of the season . But we shall have to see whether their team can deliver the goods now that the ' we'll go up through the play-offs ' cries are ringing out.

Whereas I believe that even if we don't progress beyond the play-offs this year we will be stronger for the experience , I shudder to think what could happen at Leeds if they stay down :) .

Let's not forget that Forest , who were 'too good for League 1', have been here for 3 seasons now . Will 25,000 people bother to turn up at Elland road every match next year if they find themselves contemplating another season of lower league football ?

Whatever happens today and over the next few weeks , the sun will be shining at Roots Hall

The two that dont make auto promotion today are going to be devastated tonight. They will need a lot of picking up this week for the first playoff game. Match advantage to us and Leeds I think.

The two that dont make auto promotion today are going to be devastated tonight. They will need a lot of picking up this week for the first playoff game. Match advantage to us and Leeds I think.

A bit like us in league Two then? We managed to pick oursleves up after missing out on the last day and the rest is history. It can be done but maybe the extra pressure will tell on Forest.

If Leeds keep the same team & have the same f**k the FL attitude as they had at the start of the season, they might take some catching next season, especially with a manager footballing brain i.e. Gary McAllister.

Don't forget that Master Bates wants to get a team upto the Premiersh!te so that he can "kick Chelsea's @rses!!" I can see him throwing lots of his fortune at teh team next season.

As for Forest, I think they will sack their manager if they don't go up this time. Calderwood is very unpopular & the fans don't like him. They will want shot of him if they **** up this time. Also Junior Agogo will almost certainly be playing in Germany next season.

As unpopular as it would be, it would be beneficial to Southend, if we don't go up, for Leeds to go up this season & leave a very level playing field for next season. If you consider that most of their team only signed a week before the season & after it started, they will walk this division next year if they don't go up!

Yer a lot of presure that is why i think we can win the play-offs

The expectation from the fans of these two 'big' clubs is mounting .Forest could be promoted today if they get past their jinx team Yeovil and Donny screw up - but will they get another bout of the nerves if they find themselves in the play-offs again ?

I dont really think there can be any doubt about it. They are BIG clubs in the same way we are a middle sized club and c0lchester are a small club.

And Leeds fans expect their mighty team to win now that they have been hard done by again . There is no doubt that the 15 point deduction united their indignant supporters at the start of the season , when a few months earlier there was considerable dis-content and dissatisfaction with KB. Undoubtedly this lifted the team and their points tally during the early part of the season . But we shall have to see whether their team can deliver the goods now that the ' we'll go up through the play-offs ' cries are ringing out.

The same cries that are ringing out around the hall

Whereas I believe that even if we don't progress beyond the play-offs this year we will be stronger for the experience , I shudder to think what could happen at Leeds if they stay down :) .

I reckon if they dont go up this year they will next and they will continue to be the best supported club in this league irrispective of who comes down from division 1

Let's not forget that Forest , who were 'too good for League 1', have been here for 3 seasons now . Will 25,000 people bother to turn up at Elland road every match next year if they find themselves contemplating another season of lower league football ?

In my opinion, yes

Whatever happens today and over the next few weeks , the sun will be shining at Roots Hall
[I]If we lose to donny on friday night, i fear that your weather forecasting job will be short lived![/I]

I'm pretty sure we were 'devastated' after we drew with Grimsby to miss on automatic promotions.

Tell Northampton that.

Slightly different situation though. Northampton had already played us three times that season and lost the lot, including being beaten by two very late AB headers. We had the psychological advantage in a big way. This season we have beaten Carlise and Leeds recently, and Donnie earlier in the season, but all three teams have also beaten us. Much harder to call.

I am delighted to be in the playoffs, would be ecstatic to reach Wembley, and frankly amazed to reach the Championship.

Slightly different situation though. Northampton had already played us three times that season and lost the lot, including being beaten by two very late AB headers. We had the psychological advantage in a big way. This season we have beaten Carlise and Leeds recently, and Donnie earlier in the season, but all three teams have also beaten us. Much harder to call.

I am delighted to be in the playoffs, would be ecstatic to reach Wembley, and frankly amazed to reach the Championship.

Be prepared to be amazed. I hope.;)

There is pressure on evry team. If you start badly in your game there will be groans and moans, we are all human and at this stage of the season we all want to go up.
As somebody mentioned before we have all beating each other so this should be a very interesting set of play offs, espiecally with each team having a run that meant they have been close to the automatics at some stage of the season.

Judging by the odds, Donny are slight favourites against us but Leeds, as predicted by Mr alibi are huge favourites.

Leeds ~ 2.7
Doncaster ~ 4.1
Southend - 4.8
Carlisle - 5.6

Back