• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prior, liability

don't get me wrong prior has had a great career and he has been brilliant for us but i can't help to feel he isn't up to the challenge this year. bit too slow and indivdual mistakes of his have cost us in the past

he had a cracking game against man u but on saturday he was liability.

what does everyone think?

p.s still ove the bloke

Are you hoping for a large catch LOL
rock.gif

yes - 2 clean sheets in two games against Man Utd and Preston - clearly a liability (lol)!!

True he was rubbish first half versus Plymouth but lets face it who wasn't??

The only liability for me is the fact that due to his age he can't seem to play more than 2 consectutive games without geeting injured.

Barrett need sto learn from Prior that to defend well you need to stay on your feet and not dive in - especially at CCC level.

Let's hope that we can sign a few more liabilities like Prior on loan before the deadline.

There............I bit!!

Yes he had a bad game on Saturday, but in the few games before that he has been superb. Eastwood also had an off day this weekend, does this mean he's also a liability?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Nov. 20 2006,14:08)]don't get me wrong prior has had a great career and he has been brilliant for us but i can't help to feel he isn't up to the challenge this year. bit too slow and indivdual mistakes of his have cost us in the past

he had a cracking game against man u but on saturday he was liability.

what does everyone think?

p.s still ove the bloke
I think you're wrong - as someone said on a previous thread I think he's just a bit tired from all the games recently.

I'd rest him up for the early part of this week and just do some light conditioning thurs/friday and he'll be fired up for the Ewes.

liability maybe is a bit to harsh

never the less he made a number of errors that are very basic. clearances are my main concern.

Im suprised at the size of some of the forwards in this league. Spinner seems to handle the big burley strikers far better than A B

Prior and Sodje have been our best pairing this season!

I actually thought he was past it and wouldnt play, Id rather him than Barrett at the moment.

His only weakness is being able to stay fit.

Sodje made far more errors in the first half, a tasty back heel being the best of the lot, but we wouldnt class him as a liability would we ?

He still has the pace and reads the game well. His only problem is his tendency to get injured.

have been very impressed with prior so far..

His experience easily makes up for his lack of pace. You hardly ever see him put himself in a postiion where he will get skinned.

Back