• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion Choices

Promotion Choices - Think before you answer

• Champions of the League and Automatic Promotion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play-Off Winners over Col Ewe at Cardiff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EastStandBlue

Life President
Now this is not to say i think we'll get promotion, this is just a poll to see what people would prefer out of the two options...
Obviously, Beating Col******r in the Play-Off final would be the sweetest victory, but winning the league has a greater financial benefit to the club...

What would your choice be?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Jan. 18 2006,16:46)]Now this is not to say i think we'll get promotion, this is just a poll to see what people would prefer out of the two options...
Obviously, Beating Col******r in the Play-Off final would be the sweetest victory, but winning the league has a greater financial benefit to the club...

What would your choice be?
Erm how exactly does winning L1 have a greater financial benefit than beating Col U at (possibly) Wembley in front of what could quite easily be 50,000+ given the local and brand new venue? We all know what the likely %'s will be from this vote don't we.....I know how I voted anyway!

biggrin.gif

50,000 at a Southend vs Col******r Playoff final? Ok....

And League Champions get a large lump sum winnings that increases corresponding to the League.

Play-off winners for me. Don't particularly care if it's against Col Ewe (although it would be nice to leave them behind in League 1), don't care if it's Mill Stad or Wembley - the play-off final was magical and I want to experience another one.

hmmm, league winners for me, give col u 2 other ways to go up so we can play them in the championship!

League Winners. If you are going up might as well do it in style. And don't think my nerves could cope with another playoff route

After that experince Vs Lincoln City at Cardiff, for the 1st 60mins, its look likely that we could lose the game, I had 2many heart attack watching it, after Flahaven mess up a cross from the right, Lincoln had a chance 2 go ahead but Che Wilson clear it off the line, but the shot was poor so we got away with that (its happen in 2nd half after Southend slowley starting to come in the game). No more play-off, I rather go up as Champion & watch the team like Forest, Huddersfield & Swansea wet their pants as they try to win the play-off & 3 out of 4 is going to miss out.

After last year couldn't stand the stress of the play-offs.

Also (I know it's not relevant to this question), if we are to go up we have to do it automatically - I can't see us going up via the play-offs given the stiff competition.

Well it has to be League Champions, it would be great to sing "Thats why we're Champions" like Chelsea do at the moment.

Being at the Millenium Stadium watching us win the play-offs was an unforgetable experience and one I'll bore the Grandkids with but I wanna be Champions, if we aren't to be Champions I don't wanna go up as runner up (Although I'd take it) it would have to be through the Play offs.

Back