• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend-mad.94

First XI
After last night and the mounting injury list who still thinks we are going to get promoted? I may just be overreacting, and I hope I am, but if things carry on with the injuries and suspensions I can't see us going to wembley or getting promoted. This month is probably our most crucial month given who we are playing and if we continue to have players dropping like flies it could all go wrong.

What does everyone else think? I hope I am just overreacting

Automatics are too far a stretch, playoffs possibly. Depends how quick key players can come back and if some can recover their earlier season form.

If we don't go up I think this will be a season too far for Luggy.

5 points behind 3rd place with a game in hand and 15 games to go, things aren't great but we need to put this in perspective. Things are bad at the moment with injuries but we've brought in two decent players (reeves and mayor) and cresswell will be back after one more league game so its not all doom and gloom. Being in the playoffs isn't a given but its in no way out of the question and as for wembley you never know with one game but I'm not too hopeful to be honest.

Losing to Cheltenham was a real six point defeat. Automatics highly unlikely now - would need 11 wins out of 15 - but playoffs are still a strong possibility. Let's try to finish seventh, in which case we should go up!

It certainly not looking great with suspensions and injuries but we beat Crewe this time last year and they ended up being promoted come May. Play-offs are still a reasonable target in fact being in 9th atm should be a great motivator for getting the team going again. Yesterday's makeshift side actually started really well but the pen deflated them somewhat and Chelts made the best use of their hoofball to put the makeshift defence under pressure.

No need to panic just yet.

On paper nothing to stop us going up automatically. In reality I dont think we have the quality to go up.

Were missing so many key players now its untrue.

Prior to last night, inc JPT, we had one 4 drew 1.

We have injuries and suspensions, but only Timlin is out for the season. The season still has a long way to get yet. We will pick up points here and there, get players back fit and be in a real good position to push in the final 8/9 games for a play off position.

JPT final a step to far for me.

Promotion via the play offs, still the main object for us and still believe that we have the right players for this, once they are back.

Doom and gloom I have no time for. Yes, times are tough. But come on, still a lot of positives for remainder of the season, if not for the next week or 2 !

UTB's

We ground out a few wins but yesterday was probably a game too far in the end, I dont think we can really afford another defeat on Saturday if we have any chance of automatic promotion though.

Promotion Automatic? Forget it, we arent good enough.
Promotion Playoffs? (Well thats a lottery anyway so who knows?)

Factor: We aren't ready for League 1 anyway!

Automatic promotion? Laughable after last nights utterly SHAMBOLIC defensive display. Far too many injuries to key players at a crucial stage of the season. Cresswell tweeted yesterday that last night was a disappointing performance but we need to move on now and start picking up points....bit hypocritical if you ask me, his stupidity was a big factor in our farcical defending last night.

Mentally I've already forgotten Wembley, I just hope we can get enough players fit quickly to finish in the top 7.

N.B. Sturrock got his team selection badly wrong last night, not a criticism as it doesn't happen often but Assombalonga should have started with Corr.

Automatics are too far a stretch, playoffs possibly. Depends how quick key players can come back and if some can recover their earlier season form.

100% agree with your post MK. Especially the bit in bold. I think Ron Martin will lose patience with Sturrock. The first year he could be forgiven for not challenging, but there really is no excuse for this year and last.

This years team is weaker than last years. Add to that an injury crisis and even less resources. I think at best we may scrape a play off place. But at the moment I feel around 9th - 12th is our finishing spot.

We need to get a run going similar to before Christmas to have any real chance. The problem is even though we churned a few good results out recently, the performances were just not good enough and coupled with recent injuries makes things ever more bleak! Play-offs should be more than achievable though.

If we dont go up then this will certainly be Luggys last season. Whether that be Rons choice or the choice of Paul himself.

We're just as good as any of those teams up there, we've seen that. Unfortunately with all these injuries, it muddies the waters. Timlin is a big loss, but the rest of them in theory should be back in a couple of weeks.

Honestly, we probably won't, and we probably won't get to Wembley either. But getting rid of Sturrock as a result would be a major mistake.

Ask this question again after we've won a game - you'll get a completely different response from everyone, such is the nature of football fans. Everyone's down about last night

Was this not said that our squad was to small .Now with all the injurys and one red card its coming back to bite us on the ar*e . How much longer is Tomlin going to be out is what a lot of fans around me was asking last night .Since his injury we have had no strike force at all .

We're just as good as any of those teams up there, we've seen that. Unfortunately with all these injuries, it muddies the waters. Timlin is a big loss, but the rest of them in theory should be back in a couple of weeks.

Honestly, we probably won't, and we probably won't get to Wembley either. But getting rid of Sturrock as a result would be a major mistake.

Ask this question again after we've won a game - you'll get a completely different response from everyone, such is the nature of football fans. Everyone's down about last night

Don't really disagree with this, but on paper is 3 seasons failing to gain the ultimate objective.....Promotion.

Back