• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Protesting wont make any difference

I see there is a planned protest for the chesterfield match! Does anyone else agree that this won't bother or make any difference to Ron Martin or how he runs the club! He's here for the long term and his property development! "As I keep saying to make Ron stand up and notice then the protesters and all southend fans need to completley boycott each and every home game until Ron does notice and he will then be forced to sell! Its the only way to force him out as he don't have any revenue.

If you don't think it'll make any difference then don't go its simple its better that than bad mouthing it on here.

if anything it'll give Ron the message he is not wanted here after his dream is finally here and perhaps advertise to potential buyers.

I see there is a planned protest for the chesterfield match! Does anyone else agree that this won't bother or make any difference to Ron Martin or how he runs the club! He's here for the long term and his property development! "As I keep saying to make Ron stand up and notice then the protesters and all southend fans need to completley boycott each and every home game until Ron does notice and he will then be forced to sell! Its the only way to force him out as he don't have any revenue.
What cloud r u on fella ?????

I do kind of agree. I’m pretty sure Ron knows he is not popular - and to him merely being unpopular is not going to make him sell. So a protest without a strategy behind it is barking at moon.

It’s just a shame everything is so murky and there is no clear strategy or proposals being put forward by the fans / trust.

Like a protest you mean?

In my opinion, if you don't agree with it, then you probably don't need to worry or talk about it, because either way the people involved will still being going ahead with it, even if it doesn't work - that's just what I think anyway.

I was there at Upton Park when we had the 'Blues Say Bollocks to Basildon' protest back in 1992. It went on ages, was a bit boring after a and to be fair I wasn't quite sure why we were protesting against Basildon anyway, bit dreary maybe but it's not that bad. As Gandhi says, 'Live as if you were to die tomorrow. You and I are gonna live forever'.

Last edited:
I agree in that people will attend and it needs numbers not to!
However with the game televised the local pubs could be on to a winner!.
Still see the game and send a message could work.
Just away fans and a handful of home fans would get the point across and hopefully the boys would understand(not to different from last year with no fans).
Can't see it happening but who knows?

This is the time where SUFC fans should be united as 1 with the goal of getting Ron Martin out! Look where the club is, we are absolute mess of a football club from top to bottom..... if their is football club who needs new ownership it's southend united! Stop believing in Ron Martin pipe dreams and protest for the good of SUFC! Stop moaning and bitching against 1 and another and Unite as 1.

Last edited:
Suppose we should all just sit on our hands then an take it. (Although Boycotting is a form of protest). Why bother?

Conference South here we come!
I went to one of the protests just before the end of last season. That didn't change anything, why would a new one?

He won't sell. Just fed up of being mugged off by the owner. I'll go to a few games this year just to see mates but haven't got it in me to protest anymore.

This is the time where SUFC fans should be united as 1 with the goal of getting Ron Martin out! Look where the club is, we are absolute mess of a football club from top to bottom..... if their is football club who needs new ownership it's southend united! Stop believing in Ron Martin pipe dreams and protest for the good of SUFC! Stop moaning and bitching against 1 and another and Unite as 1.
But do you think a protest at the ground will achieve anything? I doubt anyone believes Ron’s pipe dreams - I just don’t think chanting at a game will changing anything as he won’t decide to walk away from his millions just because some disgruntled fans demand it. If the aim is o force him out surely something more strategic is needed?

Back