• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Psp

DTS

The Business
I am thinking of getting one to pass the bordem of the train journey.

Anyone that got one recommend em? I am only really likely to play ISS or Champ Man so if anyone can say if they are much cop or not as games be grateful.

Also do I charge it from a Lap Top or a plug charger?

Cheers
DtS

I'd pass the boredom on a train by sleeping. It's more fun and a damn sight cheaper.

You can charge it both ways to do it via a laptop you will need to buy the expansion pack...

Champ man is OK, misses some features on it, but a good laugh, FIFA is worth it to pass the time

Got mine about a year ago and can safely say its the best computer purcase I've ever made (even better then my Mega Drive). Very handy for the train and flights etc.

Can recommend Ridge Racer, Pro Evo and Medal of Honour games.

Anyone that got one recommend em? I am only really likely to play ISS or Champ Man so if anyone can say if they are much cop or not as games be grateful.

Cheers
DtS

If you have a laptop why not play championship manager on that?

It uses a plug-type charger.
On the whole it's a decent machine, although the battery life isn't great and the d-pad and analogue stick leave a lot to be desired. It can double as an MP3 player as well if you've got a large memory stick which is a bonus.
It's not got that many decent games - and far too many racing games - but there is a version of FM for it that can while away the time. I cracked mine and run emulators of other machines, although I wouldn't reccomend playing with the PSP's software unless you know a bit about what you're doing

is the new psp slim improved in any way?

Not that much - it's obviously smaller and lighter, and it now has onboard memory which it uses to speed up loading times for UMDs. They've modified the d-pad and analogue stick a bit as well, although having not used one I can't comment on whether they're much of an improvement on the original.
Oh, and there's a video output so you can play it in conjuction with a TV.

If you have a laptop why not play championship manager on that?

Well I have done a few times but I have the following problems..

1) Its my personal one and dont want to loose it.
2) Battery only last 50 mins and my trip is 1h 05 mins.
3) Cant always get a table and on my lap means I have to crank my neck.
4) Laptop takes 5 mins to boot up and shut down.
5) Dont want to carry a bad ideally
6) Even though I love Champ Man I dont want to look like a teenage geek.

Cheers
DtS

I've got one but don't use it that much. You can charge it via mains or USB. You can also store/view pictures/videos/mp3 and connect to the internet (although I've never got that bit to work!)

PSP's are quailty i brought one on ebay with 6 games for £130.
I brought a 4gb Sony Card on ebay and invested in a bit of software so i can transfer my dvds on to the memory card. Ive got the whole of the first and second series of the office on there, 1st series of bo'selecta and a mike reid dvd stored on the memory card along with mp3's and pictures. It has wireless internet which is pretty good once you manage to configure it.

Excellent for using whilst travelling i would highly recommend gettign one.
Roll on october when Pro Evo 08 comes out.....

PSP's are quailty i brought one on ebay with 6 games for £130.
I brought a 4gb Sony Card on ebay and invested in a bit of software so i can transfer my dvds on to the memory card. Ive got the whole of the first and second series of the office on there, 1st series of bo'selecta and a mike reid dvd stored on the memory card along with mp3's and pictures. It has wireless internet which is pretty good once you manage to configure it.

Excellent for using whilst travelling i would highly recommend gettign one.
Roll on october when Pro Evo 08 comes out.....

I have a PSP and love it especially the Brian Lara Cricket game which came out recently, which despite its lack of options is still a good cricket game.

I'm very interested in knowing how you can watch your DVDs on the PSP - How do I go about this and what do I need to get?

I have a PSP and love it especially the Brian Lara Cricket game which came out recently, which despite its lack of options is still a good cricket game.

I'm very interested in knowing how you can watch your DVDs on the PSP - How do I go about this and what do I need to get?

Theres a disk you can buy on ebay, i found the name of it and managed to download it. Theres also away of downloading games on to your memory card but im not sure how that works me and my mate are trying to work that one out.

As for the DVD programme, you put your DVD in the pc and then you can choose what you want take off the DVD, so for example i just took the episodes of the office instead of all the menus etc. Quailty piece of software if you ask me and saves buying UMDS

Got two shortly after the came out from spore with ridge racer and tiger woods golf and some rally thing.. You have to charge every night to make two 45 minute joutneys but if you travel with a mate the wireless link up for racing games and the golf is a good laugh.. Trouble is when it starts getting a bit competitive you reach Leigh on sea with a heart rate in the 140's

Yeah they are quite good and reasonably cheap DtS, picked mine up for £50 with three games! I've cracked mine also and download games onto the hard drive now.

Yeah they are quite good and reasonably cheap DtS, picked mine up for £50 with three games! I've cracked mine also and download games onto the hard drive now.

Im still trying to work this out. Weve got a few games on the downlaod at the moment. Do you just copy them over into the games folder?

Apparntely it only works ont he older versions as well?

love my psp, got it on ebay for 110 quid with pro evo 5, football manager, virtua tennis and burnout legends. Burnout is a quality and game and football manager is also good, have also now got MOH and Fifa, both great games, my psp also had episodes of south park, father ted and the simpsons, it also has waynes world 1+2, finding neverland??, superman, the royal tenembaums and anger management on the memory card, not a bad deal really.

Back