• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BRETTSKIPOSH

Hi guys Posh fan in peace here, for those of you coming to the game next week and wanting a away friendly family pub, The Cherry Tree, 3 minute walk from the ground, is the place for you.

Its based on Oundle Road, post code PE2 9PB, and offers a wide range of real ales, plus your main stream lagers and ciders, a snack menu is served along with a full bar meal menu, food all home cooked at very reasonable prices, children are welcome and Janet and Tony welcome you all (although Tony is a Arsenal fan)

There is also a very large Beer garden with seating and room for the kids to play and a sheltered smoking area for the smoking fraternity.

Secure Car parking is also available at £3 per car and £5 per minibus.

If any of you want any further information dont hesitate to ask.

Hope to see some of you there for some pre match banter and best of luck for the season apart from next week.

Brett

Cheers for that mate.
You couldn't lend us a goalie could you ?
We don't appear to have one.................

Cheers for that mate.
You couldn't lend us a goalie could you ?
We don't appear to have one.................

Unfortunately we only have one ourselves! But on a serious note if you want a away friendly family good old fashioned pub you wont find better in Peterborough, its a traditional pub with friendly staff and no hint of any trouble, the landlord being 6ft 6 helps.:winking:

Unfortunately we only have one ourselves! But on a serious note if you want a away friendly family good old fashioned pub you wont find better in Peterborough, its a traditional pub with friendly staff and no hint of any trouble, the landlord being 6ft 6 helps.:winking:

Are you the landlord by any chance? :winking:

If he isn't , I am sure he knows a man who is !

Correct, NO i am not the landlord but know the man who is, but the main reason i do this is i know the problems i have had trying to find a decent family friendly pub when going to away games, i take my 7 year old away with me and have been in some very unpleasent atmospheres and surroundings whilst away.

Hi there again, so will i be seeing any of you in the Cherry Tree for some pre match banter tomorrow evening ?

Hi there again, so will i be seeing any of you in the Cherry Tree for some pre match banter tomorrow evening ?

My lad and i intend popping in Brett, and as we are on the coach i'll try to drag a few lads and lasses in with me (gotta be worth a free pint or two surely :winking:)

Whats on the menu btw, as food could well be sought too

My lad and i intend popping in Brett, and as we are on the coach i'll try to drag a few lads and lasses in with me (gotta be worth a free pint or two surely :winking:)

Whats on the menu btw, as food could well be sought too

Unfortunately mate i dont get free drinks myself, lol

Do you know how to get there from the ground?

As for food they do two menus on a football evening, basic stuff like Burgers, Bacon Rolls , chips etc are sold directly from the kitchen, they also do a full bar meal menu, all the food is home cooked and fresh vegetables, ranging from steaks , pasta , all day breakfasts, to the speacials board which always has around 10 choices on it.

Give us a clue to what you look like and i will come and say hello.

As you said its only 3 minutes from the ground i'll guess i'll find it easily enough

I mention the food as i know a lot of pubs that do grub stop serving "proper" meals sometime before the match due to space issues so its good to hear its not a problem in your pub, something like chicken or steak would be my option of choice, or a full English always goes down well

Look for a short arse gobby fella and you'll have found him! :winking:

Love you really Lee xx :whistling:

:happy: .. i purposely didn't put anything up as i just knew one of you lot would pipe up in no time, had my money on Coxy, TB or creaky though (however it was i KNEW it would be height-related though :zzzzz:)

Unfortunately mate i dont get free drinks myself, lol

Do you know how to get there from the ground?

As for food they do two menus on a football evening, basic stuff like Burgers, Bacon Rolls , chips etc are sold directly from the kitchen, they also do a full bar meal menu, all the food is home cooked and fresh vegetables, ranging from steaks , pasta , all day breakfasts, to the speacials board which always has around 10 choices on it.

Give us a clue to what you look like and i will come and say hello.

just look for the loudest oldest looking migit in the pub and that be your man! :net:

Love you really "big" man

As you said its only 3 minutes from the ground i'll guess i'll find it easily enough

I mention the food as i know a lot of pubs that do grub stop serving "proper" meals sometime before the match due to space issues so its good to hear its not a problem in your pub, something like chicken or steak would be my option of choice, or a full English always goes down well

When the coach drops you at the ground , you will see a tower block of flats opposite , head towards those, you will then see a railway bridge , walk under the railway bridge and there a block of apartments on your right , walk past them and you will see the pub on the right hand side.

When the coach drops you at the ground , you will see a tower block of flats opposite , head towards those, you will then see a railway bridge , walk under the railway bridge and there a block of apartments on your right , walk past them and you will see the pub on the right hand side.

Sounds idyllic!!!

Sounds idyllic!!!

They are both lets say upmarket apartments , not your council estate type , lol

One ot them is converted office space and the others have only been built around 2 years , the pub is in a nice area , i live across the road, and there is also a number of takeaways, and a bookies within a 2 minute walk if anyone fancies a pre match bet or something lighter to eat.

Back