• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubs for Donny

Right you muppets........

Spoke to my man in Donny just now and he tells me there is no "White Horse" anymore!!

Train St all changed too.
If people wanna drink in either a Walkabout or Wetherspoons,here's what to do:

From the Train St; come out and cross dual carriageway and go up to the Frenchgate Centre.Walk up to the left of TG Hughes and up on the RHS is Walkabout and Wetherspoons,easy!

To park; best to use Doncaster College (£3.50) this gives access straight into town centre (Walkabout and Wetherspoons) then about 15min walk to stadium (or take bus).

If anyone asks,i didn't tell ya remember;)

Couple of things on this as I'm a Donny Fan (I wonder what gives that away?). The concourses don't serve alcohol so don't rely on that for a drink. Also as far as I know the Lakeside pub in the Lakeside Village doesn't allow away fans in either.

There's a good pub near the B&Q just off the motorway, quite big and family sized with play area etc. Alternative and the best one near the ground in my view is the Cheswold. From the stadium walk around the lake behind the hills and follow the path. Eventually you'll see a pub on your left and this is the Cheswold. Nice in there, though it doesn't have SKY tv. If you want that, walk a little further down the dual carriageway, passing the cinema,bowling alley etc and you'll come to the Dome. THis is a leisure centre but the pub in there is a sports bar and does have SKY. It's about 15 minutes or so away but it's not too bad and I drink in there.

For parking it is a fiver at the stadium, but you could park in one of the businesses near the ground where they charge 3 or 4 quid. If you want it for free, pass the stadium and go right around the lake. You'll end up near the cinema and the pub the Cheswold I mentioned, and you can park in the big car park there for free (It's the area between Belle Vue and the Keepmoat). Enjoy your day apart from the result.

Couple of things on this as I'm a Donny Fan (I wonder what gives that away?). The concourses don't serve alcohol so don't rely on that for a drink. Also as far as I know the Lakeside pub in the Lakeside Village doesn't allow away fans in either.

There's a good pub near the B&Q just off the motorway, quite big and family sized with play area etc. Alternative and the best one near the ground in my view is the Cheswold. From the stadium walk around the lake behind the hills and follow the path. Eventually you'll see a pub on your left and this is the Cheswold. Nice in there, though it doesn't have SKY tv. If you want that, walk a little further down the dual carriageway, passing the cinema,bowling alley etc and you'll come to the Dome. THis is a leisure centre but the pub in there is a sports bar and does have SKY. It's about 15 minutes or so away but it's not too bad and I drink in there.

For parking it is a fiver at the stadium, but you could park in one of the businesses near the ground where they charge 3 or 4 quid. If you want it for free, pass the stadium and go right around the lake. You'll end up near the cinema and the pub the Cheswold I mentioned, and you can park in the big car park there for free (It's the area between Belle Vue and the Keepmoat). Enjoy your day apart from the result.

Top man. Cheers.

You also enjoy the day. Apart from the result. :p

Back