• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Anyone who's been to Morecambe before know where the nearest pub to the ground is? And are the Morecambe fans in there friendly or not? Lol

Anyone who's been to Morecambe before know where the nearest pub to the ground is? And are the Morecambe fans in there friendly or not? Lol

Hi Shrimper1995 - if your traveling on the TZ coach your fellow passengers will be able to advise you on the best pubs to drink before the game - never had any problem with the Morecambe fans
re your question on the other thread - the TZ coach doesn't go through Rochford - the pick-up points are listed on the TravelZone News thread

Hi Shrimper1995

I also live in Rochfrord and often travel by TZ coach. Spread Eagle or the Blue Boar are usually the closest, but if you
look under the TravelZone news thread. You can work out the best pick up for you.

Hi Shrimper1995

I also live in Rochfrord and often travel by TZ coach. Spread Eagle or the Blue Boar are usually the closest, but if you
look under the TravelZone news thread. You can work out the best pick up for you.

Cheers Steve, do you get the train to Southend Victoria and then walk to the Blue Boar from there?

Thats what me and my girlfriend have planned to do. Are you going to this one? :smile:

Cheers Steve, do you get the train to Southend Victoria and then walk to the Blue Boar from there?

Thats what me and my girlfriend have planned to do. Are you going to this one? :smile:

if your training into southend Vic then the 'Sainsbury's / Odeon ..Bus stop
Victoria circus'
will be the most convenient pick-up for you mate

if your training into southend Vic then the 'Sainsbury's / Odeon ..Bus stop
Victoria circus'
will be the most convenient pick-up for you mate

Ahhh, very true! Is that the one opposite Southend Victoria where you can get buses to Hadleigh from?

Ahhh, very true! Is that the one opposite Southend Victoria where you can get buses to Hadleigh from?

just further along (about 50 meters) - the coach comes past the station and turns right towards london road stopping at the back of sainsburys there will probably be a couple of other shrimpers picking up the coach here

just further along (about 50 meters) - the coach comes past the station and turns right towards london road stopping at the back of sainsburys there will probably be a couple of other shrimpers picking up the coach here

Ohhh, basically opposite sanctos?

No before the roundabout near Curry's, just past the new "victoria gateway traffic lights, at the back of the sainsburys building.

Ohh i'm sure i'll find it! Thank you everyone, if someone would kindly PM me on the matter as i am still slightly confused still! The main reason being that this will be my first away game on the TZ coaches!

I've been to Morecambe FC three times and the town separately a couple of times in the last 10 yearsor so. I'm not aware of any pubs close to the ground and the town itself is a massive disappointment. Better off drinking in the adjoining city of Lancaster. Numerous decent watering holes and its a bit like a smaller version of York and Chester.

The Hurly Flyer next to the gound is fan friendly, as is the Regency caravan club across the road.

Not sure about pubs but the pies have to be the best in the league. The last time we saw Southend at Morecambe the meat and potato pies were £3 and for an extra pound you get a drink hot or cold.
Don't forget to see the Eric Morecambe statue on the promenade with great views across the bay.:thumbsup:

Morecambe was a huge let down pub-wise. If you can stop off in Lancaster I'd recommend it. In morecambe ManchesterShrimper and I ended up underneath a hotel on the prom where the basement had been decked out with port holes and various nautical tat. The beer was crap, atmosphere distinctly fishy and I doubt I'll make the trek across for this game

Back