• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An excellent write up, well done.

The bit about Corr preferring the ball on the deck made me chuckle, it possibly explains why he struggled in the air on Saturday.

Top Write up!

I like the fact that Sturrock's daughter is his eyes and ears on the websites and forums - If you are reading this then Lionel Messi would be a decent signing.

The positivity amongst the pair of them is fantastic and their enthusiasm towards management and coaching seems top notch. Interesting that it would appear as some players are being looked upon as a business acquisition with a bit of buy and sell to fund Southend and make some profit.

Impressed by their outlook for the club. It is certainly believable lets just hope they get the do Ron Ron backing!

I like the sound of some surprising news coming our way in the next few days!
Roll on the good times please.

Thanks.

Anyone got a photo of Sturrock's daughter? Shot-gun for the next totty cup (assuming she has better hair that Blair).

“Some will have to move on, and in the next couple of days there will be some surprising news regarding players.”

I take it that there will be a clutch of players leaving on loan then? Or dare I say it Contracts cancelled by "mutual consent"

“Some will have to move on, and in the next couple of days there will be some surprising news regarding players.”

I take it that there will be a clutch of players leaving on loan then? Or dare I say it Contracts cancelled by "mutual consent"

I don't believe they can cancel their contracts. Screech and Crawford I think have a year and Paterson at least two years. If they are paid up to date, then although they are free agents none of them can sign for another club until January - because they were in contract when the transfer window closed - if you get what I mean!

All the more reason to question why this has happend now? The club will now definitely be pushing for them to go out on loan, but they don't have to if they don't want to!

Great read.
Some of the things they where saying sound VERY refreshing!

This one thing made me laugh “I was settled for three years at Plymouth, then I had a numpty of a chairman at Southampton.''

Make that two in your career Paul!

Great stuff!

Bringing the passion back, I just hope Spencer isn't shipped out!!

Well apart from the surprising news that we are all waiting to see, there was one other thing that really jumped out at me. It was near the end, when PS admitted that prospect of a new stadium was one of the things that attracted him to Southend....................quote, "If it gets off the ground, and it looks that way, then it will be very exciting." Could there really be something in these rumours of a start in early October???

That's the bit I was most intrigued about. "Surprising" is an interesting word to use.......

Boots and Laces has been done up but PS would like some Wire fence to keep rabbits out (200 odd metre's if anyone has some spare). PS/SUFC in discussion (meeting with headmaster next week) to buy a bit of land with football pitch from school next door to B&L. Pool Table now in B&L along with table tennis table and the Tennis court lines have been re painted next to the astroturf pitch.

Why would they do the place up ???? It is going to be knocked down soon, when the stadium is started in the summer.

Maybe the wire fence is required to keep the builders in, once they arrive !!

Why would they do the place up ???? It is going to be knocked down soon, when the stadium is started in the summer.

Maybe the wire fence is required to keep the builders in, once they arrive !!

Well you know what builders are like - they take ages to finish anything!

Is Sturrocks daughter Wiggy?? Is that why he approached Daryll about coming back??

Some encouraging signs and I wouldn't be surprised to see Spencer go out on loan.

So what was the crack tonight then? No news yet

'Widdercombe'?? LOL Not sure Mr Widdrington will appreciate the parallel drawn between him and a female politician! He might be 39 this Friday, but that's taking the biscuit!!!!

As for Blair's ponytail, a suggestion for Blair's wife and sister, perhaps they should play him the Rodney with 'trendy ponytail' episode of 'Only Fools and Horses' - absolute quality and ultimate in taking the mick!

An interesting read. What is clear about these two men is that neither are afraid to speak their mind, they live for the game, they are determined to make things work and do NOT shirk their responsibilities. They are good man managers, involving everybody from supporter, player and the guy who washes the kit in the whole mechanics of making the club succeed. This kind of consideration and thoughtfulness breeds trust and as a result a good work ethic. I believe these two know what they are about and I'm very interested to see how the next 2-3 seasons pan out. Good luck P & T with the ship ur sailing! You're on your way.

Great sense of humour and great banter also!

Couldn't see this elsewhere.

[video=youtube;Eg2MpatIWqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg2MpatIWqs[/video]

It was posted in the Trust Forum (and obviously on the Trust Website) but because we are now 'hidden away' a lot of the stuff we post doesn't get seen :winking:

I take it you are going to post the rest of the 90 minute session, considering not everybody will be on the coach to Chesterfield?

Back