• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quarter Final Heat 2

Who is the Best Song Writer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hats off to my old mukka canveyshrimper for steering John Lennon's passage through to the semis. Thanks to Napster for putting in a last ditch effort to rescue the faltering Wilson challenge towards the end. I was amazed that BW ran the JL campaign so close for much of the time, but now I'm pleased just to be able to sit here watching the wheels go round and round instead. I can now divulge that (despite the hatchet job done by Albert Grossman) JL is one of my heroes too and seeing him do 'Instant Karma!' on TOTP all those years ago was one of my favourite moments in music. We all shine on. :thumbsup:

They loved each other

[video=youtube;jNdy6NSEF5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNdy6NSEF5I[/video]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/24/brian-wilson-interview

After it was released, Wilson says today, John Lennon rang him and told him it was the greatest album ever made, an opinion that would be repeated again and again in subsequent years. The rest of the Beach Boys weren't so keen. "They wanted surf music, surf music, surf music," Wilson barks, banging the table for emphasis. There's another pause. "The sadness came from me. Came from my heart."

They loved each other

[video=youtube;jNdy6NSEF5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNdy6NSEF5I[/video]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/24/brian-wilson-interview

After it was released, Wilson says today, John Lennon rang him and told him it was the greatest album ever made, an opinion that would be repeated again and again in subsequent years. The rest of the Beach Boys weren't so keen. "They wanted surf music, surf music, surf music," Wilson barks, banging the table for emphasis. There's another pause. "The sadness came from me. Came from my heart."

I can't green you yet for this, Naps, but just wanted to say that this is one of those achingly beautiful moments. Feel free to pass the sickbucket, folks, but I'm darn sure that Naps knows what I mean. :thumbsup:

Hats off to my old mukka canveyshrimper for steering John Lennon's passage through to the semis. Thanks to Napster for putting in a last ditch effort to rescue the faltering Wilson challenge towards the end. I was amazed that BW ran the JL campaign so close for much of the time, but now I'm pleased just to be able to sit here watching the wheels go round and round instead. I can now divulge that (despite the hatchet job done by Albert Grossman) JL is one of my heroes too and seeing him do 'Instant Karma!' on TOTP all those years ago was one of my favourite moments in music. We all shine on. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob, I knew this would be tight and I would have been tempted to vote BW, The Beach Boys were great favourites of mine, listening to them always takes me back to the glorious summers of my formative years. And Pet Sounds one of my all time favourite albums.

Thanks to thos who voted late last night, and please keep supporting Lennon in the semi final.

Back