• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is that is an actual fact or just something you are making up as you are frustrated for the away fans?

I guess you have done your analysis on all other 91 league clubs before today?

yes I am pretty sure that at the 141 grounds I have seen Southend play at, plus all other grounds I have been to when I did the 92 league grounds, I never once have had to wait for a man to come and open a wooden hut in order to purchase a programme.

But you might be right, as I have yet to go to Forest Green, so I can't speak for their arrangements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Stuart on this one. I don't have an issue with the time programmes are sold around the ground. Do they still walk around the perimeter of the pitch, by the way?

However, they really should be on sale at the club shop as soon as it's open on a Saturday. If nothing else, it's a marketing opportunity missed, especially for people popping in at say 10:30am to collect their match tickets. They would probably sell a fair few to those people, who would take them home for a lunchtime read before setting off for the match.

And that is the common sense comment we have been waiting for. I just get the feeling on this forum sometimes that you can make a non-controversial, constructive comment such as how the match day experience can be improved, and a troll has to come on to have a pop.

And that is the common sense comment we have been waiting for. I just get the feeling on this forum sometimes that you can make a non-controversial, constructive comment such as how the match day experience can be improved, and a troll has to come on to have a pop.

You fed the troll so the only person you have to blame is yourself. You didn’t have to react to his post. Plus there was plenty of sensible replies to you sorry they didn’t fit what you wanted to hear.

Suggest you wind your neck in a bit, not sure who you think is a troll? The programmes always used to be on sale in the club shop/ticket office and there are usually sellers around the ground, including the perimeter.

You fed the troll so the only person you have to blame is yourself. You didn’t have to react to his post. Plus there was plenty of sensible replies to you sorry they didn’t fit what you wanted to hear.

You honestly think I am bothered? I made a sensible observation and suggestion. Hopefully it will be pursued at the Liaison meeting. How I deal with trolls is my affair. Sarcasm usually works.

I can't be bothered to say any more on the subject. In fact I am amazed I had to say this much.

Is that is an actual fact or just something you are making up as you are frustrated for the away fans?

I guess you have done your analysis on all other 91 league clubs before today?

yes I am pretty sure that at the 141 grounds I have seen Southend play at, plus all other grounds I have been to when I did the 92 league grounds, I never once have had to wait for a man to come and open a wooden hut in order to purchase a programme.

But you might be right, as I have yet to go to Forest Green, so I can't speak for their arrangements.

Come back to me when you've checked at Forest Green Rovers. Until then, it can't be 100% guaranteed that they sell programs in the club shop.

Also, your attempt at sarcasm wasn't great.

My thoughts on your original post were never trolling. You mentioned Southend being amateurish, which I think is a tad churlish considering some of the grounds you have visited over the years. I've been to a few and the nice new modern stadiums are lovely and very professional but some of the older grounds are quite amateurish. Peterborough for instance I consider amateurish when I consider how small the men's toilets are.

I honestly think that when we are playing well, they're is always something that people can find to moan about. I'm probably guilty as the next man for doing that but I'm trying to be more positive about our club.

They do a lot of things very well and to moan about the time the program is available seems very nit picky to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Oi Ricey, I may be short and ugly, but that don't make me a troll :smile:

Back