• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Do you think if British land have brought the collage we will now get thing moving on cloud Fosset farm land .Also its just a thought if British land do put the money up to build this new stadium .Do you think Ron will give them a stake in SUFC to get much needed money in the transfer market .After all it seems British Land seem to be big money men .Maybe it would not be a bad thing for Ron and the club .

Do you think if British land have brought the collage we will now get thing moving on cloud Fosset farm land .Also its just a thought if British land do put the money up to build this new stadium .Do you think Ron will give them a stake in SUFC to get much needed money in the transfer market .After all it seems British Land seem to be big money men .Maybe it would not be a bad thing for Ron and the club .

The thing is we don't know who bought Prospects. All we can do is try and put the pieces together.

:hilarious:

On a serious note, BL aren't building the stadium. Their sole interest is the retail park.

Also, did this really warrant a new thread?

If any other company apart from British Land has brought the College, this could impact on Roots Hall. Is another company going to show Southend any considerations if the site is the one thing holding up the whole project. On that basis it would seem likely that British Land has had some input. Only time will tell.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't it not that long ago that Ron and British Land said that the new stadium WOULD get built with or without the sale of Roots Hall?

surely now that sainsburys are no longer building a superstore on RH the need to acquire the prospect site is not necessary.

A housing estate can be any size and shape and does not need frontage on to the street like a retail unit would preferably have.

surely now that sainsburys are no longer building a superstore on RH the need to acquire the prospect site is not necessary.

A housing estate can be any size and shape and does not need frontage on to the street like a retail unit would preferably have.

I think this post has got it spot on. The goalposts have now moved again. SUFC and any Supermarket had to purchase Prospects. A housing development doesn't have to, although the land would have added to a bigger development.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't it not that long ago that Ron and British Land said that the new stadium WOULD get built with or without the sale of Roots Hall?

I think the point is that the old arrangement where the stadium was dependent on a supermarket at RH is clearly dead.
The stadium is being financed by BL as part of the bigger Fossetts Farm Project. The plan I believe for RH site is now housing and hence it is by no means certain that Prospects has the importance it once did. Quite possibly Prospects could be sold to someone else without impacting a future residential only development. But the two projects have been it seems uncoupled.

So I suspect if someone else has bought Prospects it tells us very little. If it were BL it would be interesting in that it would indicate BL are getting involved in both developments- but doubt it.

I think this post has got it spot on. The goalposts have now moved again.

That's the whole point. The goalposts haven't moved at all. Fifteen years down the line and the goalposts are still exactly where they were then !!!

Last edited:
Honest opinion, the prospects site is too small for BL to bother with.
Unless its someone who has already line up the RH site for housing , I would think its someone taking it as an investment for when the RH development gets underway,

The quote from Neil Bates would suggest it's not British Land who bought it.

From what I have heard, Prospects was bought by the same developer of the Roots Hall site.

I don't know what the agreement is between SUFC and the said developer with regards to the ownership of Roots Hall, only that there is a well known developer on board currently drawing-up proposals for it. My understanding is that it is the same developer who has purchased the Prospects site. Also the Fossetts Farm planning application submission is now expected around August/September time.

Back