• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldn't be heartbroken to lose any of Sturrock, Asante and Prosser.

I expect Coughlin to sign as Assistant and Easton is not irreplaceable although would like to see him stay.

I expect Coughlin to sign as Assistant and Easton is not irreplaceable although would like to see him stay.

Easton may well be irreplaceable, judging by the number of players who refused to join us earlier this year! :stunned:

I just feel Asante has something good about him, always one of the better players in reserve games, the kid could score goals at our level i feel.

I really couldnt care in the slightest if any of those left baring Easton.

Even Easton i think is no great loss. He is a decent player nothing more nothing less to me. I do accept that a midfield of Kane, Granty and Sawyer might be a bit lightweight but I certainly wouldnt break the bank to keep Easton.

I really couldnt care in the slightest if any of those left baring Easton.

Even Easton i think is no great loss. He is a decent player nothing more nothing less to me. I do accept that a midfield of Kane, Granty and Sawyer might be a bit lightweight but I certainly wouldnt break the bank to keep Easton.

Thats assuming that Grant and or Ferdinand are not sold as rumuors suggest.

I'm sure Easton will stay and as others have said, Coughlan given a new contract to involve more on the coaching side. I'd be disappointed in Blair refusing a contract, after all, he's done considerably better than expected. Prosser is still young and may need to consider things a bit longer. Asante, well, there's plenty more coming through.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Coughlan move to the assistant managers job with less and less playing time as the season goes on.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Coughlan move to the assistant managers job with less and less playing time as the season goes on.

Well I hope sturrock brings in a centre half or two then as short of Barker there is no one we can reply on for 40+ games a season. Mosnhi if we still have him spends half the time either injured or suspended, Phillips is a crock and Prosser....god help us...

I'm sure Easton will stay and as others have said, Coughlan given a new contract to involve more on the coaching side. I'd be disappointed in Blair refusing a contract, after all, he's done considerably better than expected. Prosser is still young and may need to consider things a bit longer. Asante, well, there's plenty more coming through.

Blair will sign up. I cant see any pro clubs rushing to sign him even on a free!

Well I hope sturrock brings in a centre half or two then as short of Barker there is no one we can reply on for 40+ games a season. Mosnhi if we still have him spends half the time either injured or suspended, Phillips is a crock and Prosser....god help us...

I still hope that Phillips could be a good player for us. He has a good reputation, so if he gets fit in the pre-season it'd be like having a new signing.

I would not like to a second division footballer looking for a job right now- the below is taken from the BBC. I guess this is politely mentioned to the players by the club in the negotiations
Northhampton- released 8, 1 on transfer list
  • Wycombe-released 8
  • Hereford-released 7+2 transfer listed
  • Crewe-released 8
  • Aldershot- released 7
  • Cheltenham-released 5+ 1 transfer listed
  • Lincoln- keeping only 3 from this season (rest transfer listed or released)

I would not like to a second division footballer looking for a job right now- the below is taken from the BBC. I guess this is politely mentioned to the players by the club in the negotiations
Northhampton- released 8, 1 on transfer list
  • Wycombe-released 8
  • Hereford-released 7+2 transfer listed
  • Crewe-released 8
  • Aldershot- released 7
  • Cheltenham-released 5+ 1 transfer listed
  • Lincoln- keeping only 3 from this season (rest transfer listed or released)

Is that much different from any other season?

Back