• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Event Quiz Night 16th April

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Just want to say well done to those organising on another excellent quiz! Good also to see a team representing TZ and SZ (albeit slightly small!) and well done to Apes for winning Heads and Tails!:clap:

I missed the thread advertising this event. Was it posted on the Zone ?
In all honesty Ken, I don't know, but what I do know is that it sold out very quickly and teams were being turned away so maybe it wasn't because it was already over subscribed. Rusty, Yorkshire Blue and April had fun on the Zone's behalf :smile:, there were other Zoners on the TZ team as well.

Ken,

I didn't get chance to post the thread on any of the message boards because as soon as it was announced it was full. In fact we turned away another 5 tables, so there was not much point in advertising something that was already fully booked.

Paul

In all honesty Ken, I don't know, but what I do know is that it sold out very quickly and teams were being turned away so maybe it wasn't because it was already over subscribed. Rusty, Yorkshire Blue and April had fun on the Zone's behalf :smile:, there were other Zoners on the TZ team as well.

Normally Trust events are publicised on here well in advance, I didn't know about this until last week, and couldn't attend because I had a prior commitment.

As I said above, not much point in posting a thread when the event was already fully booked. I didn't even put it in the News Section on our own Website. As soon as the date was publicised in one of the Newsletters it was fully booked within days.

We tend to only advertise two or three events at a time on Facebook & the Message boards, but will consider looking at that for next season as long as Cricko doesn't keep moaning at us about just posting links on here to our site :winking:

Last edited:
I think also, that those who were at the previous one were given the date and so booked almost immediately. I think it's worth mentioning that we are looking into the possibility of trying to accommodate more tables in the future, it's become a very well supported event, which is why it was good to see support from others linked with the Zone. I know Jackie and Tony were also unable to attend Harry, so you weren't alone.

missed it last night :thumbdown: as we had another event to attend but rest assurred we will be at the next one

Ken,

I didn't get chance to post the thread on any of the message boards because as soon as it was announced it was full. In fact we turned away another 5 tables, so there was not much point in advertising something that was already fully booked.

Paul

Paul, that is such a shame that you are turning people away as it means you are turning funds for the trust away. We shall have to get our thinking caps on

If its such a big event and it raises money why not run 2 quiz nights with the top 4 teams from each night to meet in a final.
That means 3 quiz nights but more importantly more money raised for cheaper coach travel :hilarious:

Back