• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

R&D Keeper

Ron Manager

Did anyone else notice their keeper's little foot stamping, jumping up and down child-like tantrums when things didn't go his way? Certainly kept myself and Jocko Steve amused during the quieter moments of the game!

tounge.gif

One of our crowd likened him to Harry Enfield's Kevin the Teenager.
I'm sure when the second goal went in I heard him say... "It's SOOOOOO unfair!!"

With that and his similarity to one of the Busted clan, it all made for a rather entertaining second half.

Anyone see the keeper's reaction in the last 20 mins when their defender was running towards the goal like a madman, priceless!!
laugh.gif

I think you are being a little unfair. Considering he was stepping in for the drug crazed Turley and only looked about 17 I thought he did quite well for them. He made two cracking saves at least, one was from Dudfield's snap shot that unfortunately for him, fortunately for us, then fell to Edwards. The only tantrums he had as far as I could see were with his defence who as well as leaving him exposed constantly ignored his calls and whipped the balls (of the foot variety) away from him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Jan. 02 2005,16:36)]I think you are being a little unfair. Considering he was stepping in for the drug crazed Turley and only looked about 17 I thought he did quite well for them. He made two cracking saves at least, one was from Dudfield's snap shot that unfortunately for him, fortunately for us, then fell to Edwards. The only tantrums he had as far as I could see were with his defence who as well as leaving him exposed constantly ignored his calls and whipped the balls (of the foot variety) away from him.
yes, how old was he?

he didn't want to know with a few crosses put in.

At least he had some passion unlike the rest of their team, and you can't blame him for being angry with the woeful defence he had in front of him. He wasn't too bad, a bit dodgy on crosses but he made some decent saves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think you are being a little unfair. Considering he was stepping in for the drug crazed Turley and only looked about 17 I thought he did quite well for them. He made two cracking saves at least, one was from Dudfield's snap shot that unfortunately for him, fortunately for us, then fell to Edwards. The only tantrums he had as far as I could see were with his defence who as well as leaving him exposed constantly ignored his calls and whipped the balls (of the foot variety) away from him.
Fair enough I think. As a youngster, I think he's got quite a future in the game, but it doesn't make the tantrums, for whatever reason, any less damn FUNNY!

I thought he was okay and having seen his holwer against Borient I expected worse. He seemed to take my comment to him about his taking a drop kick about three foot outside his box quite well and if he wants to pass back to himself before taking a goal kick then good luck to him!
biggrin.gif

Oh and how did he get away with the backpass that he trapped then leapt on as Dudders (?) chased in?
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Jan. 02 2005,20:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think you are being a little unfair. Considering he was stepping in for the drug crazed Turley and only looked about 17 I thought he did quite well for them. He made two cracking saves at least, one was from Dudfield's snap shot that unfortunately for him, fortunately for us, then fell to Edwards. The only tantrums he had as far as I could see were with his defence who as well as leaving him exposed constantly ignored his calls and whipped the balls (of the foot variety) away from him.
Fair enough I think. As a youngster, I think he's got quite a future in the game, but it doesn't make the tantrums, for whatever reason, any less damn FUNNY!
Exactly - my original post wasn't meant as a criticism of his ability or passion for the game. Just pointing out how funny it was seeing him spit his dummy out! We do, after all, go to matches to enjoy ourselves don't we?

I thought the keeper was one of the few Rushden players who came out of that game with any credit really.

First half, aided by some slightly wayward finishing, he kept Rushden in the game. One point blank save from a Bentley header sticks out (happily Bentley had the last laugh though).

Passback incident I wasn't sure about. I didn't think it was a passback any more than the one given against us against Chester but then I wouldn't have picked it up because referees can interpret it as a passback.

Back