• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RBS to shed 9,000 jobs

This is the next phase of redundancies. If they aint included this time, I suspect they will get affected at some point.

The 4500 UK redundancies is not the last of it.

This is the next phase of redundancies. If they aint included this time, I suspect they will get affected at some point.

The 4500 UK redundancies is not the last of it.

Other than the changes to your contractual arrangements we've spoken about here, you're OK this time Gaz?

My mate's Mrs up here has just gone off on maternity leave from the FSSC at Gogarburn and wants to negotiate flexible working on her return. I bet there's no way she'll get what she is after!

Other than the changes to your contractual arrangements we've spoken about here, you're OK this time Gaz?

My mate's Mrs up here has just gone off on maternity leave from the FSSC at Gogarburn and wants to negotiate flexible working on her return. I bet there's no way she'll get what she is after!

Nope...I am in with a shout of being one of the 4500.

Well I'm guessing all the money they "saved" by laying them off will now go to Fred the Shreds pension fund?

Unfortunatly there will be more after this batch as well.. Then LLoyds Hbos will get started soon , they will lay off even more, every high street probably has a branch of both!!! never mind the big head offices etc

Unfortunatly there will be more after this batch as well.. Then LLoyds Hbos will get started soon , they will lay off even more, every high street probably has a branch of both!!! never mind the big head offices etc

I think more back office jobs will go.
Less visible to the public, therefore less threatening to public's perception of how the bank is performing!

I have friends that work at Strawberry Fields in the call centre, they seem to be ok atm, but there is talk about them outsourcing to India.

I have friends that work at Strawberry Fields in the call centre, they seem to be ok atm, but there is talk about them outsourcing to India.

RBS will never move overseas thats why they built thanet grange.

the 4500 jobs at risk are call centre and back office staff so with my sister still working there fingers cross southend will be ok, but Southend call centre is a over flow to the main call centre in Manchester

leaving RBS was the best thing iv ever done

RBS will never move overseas thats why they built thanet grange.

the 4500 jobs at risk are call centre and back office staff so with my sister still working there fingers cross southend will be ok, but Southend call centre is a over flow to the main call centre in Manchester

leaving RBS was the best thing iv ever done

Something to do with something they have already "acquired" out there so I'm told, not saying it would be the whole outfit but rumours are part of it could go.

Supposedly the 9,000 jobs to go arent new figures they are part of the 20000 that was announced a few months ago. Just the media putting a negatvie spinon things making it look like another 9000 to go when actually that isnt the case.

It's in the "Group Manufacturing" division (which is a SIGNIFICANT size) of the business. Retail banking, credit cards, bank accounts etc etc. The credit card centre at Southend would be affected - however, it is unlikely a lot of customer facing staff will be chopped.

Back