• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Re Freddy Eastwood.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
I Think Freddys Will Be Soon A Ex Southend Player,im Very SHORE About whot ive heard today.we all Should Be Proud Whot He Has Done For This Club.

Last edited:
And I'm sure many other people think Freddy will be an ex-southend player. And I'm sure everyone is very proud of what he is done.

Why does this have to have its own thread though?

Yes, and plenty of people have been 'sure' for weeks/months even a year that Freddy will be off

I suppose this comes from his mothers cats vets second cousin who once went to a family bar b q that he nearly turned up at. seriously though it only a matter of time b4 he gone and I would be first one to say in my 25 years of watching the blues he is one of the best I have ever seen pull on the shirt. I hope he fullfills his potential and does very well.

Why does this have to have its own thread though?
As much as I agree with you not needing a new thread. As it comes from Chemico who is known to talk to a member of Freddy's family regularly, I think it's fair to say this deserves publicity. I think it's been on the cards for the last couple of weeks, Ron's statement then massively changes tune this week, so the 'shock' of him going isn't quite as big as it would have been...

Chemico has not been wrong once about Freddy, so I suppose we only have to wait for 'wrongun' to come on here and confirm it...

Been one hell of a player in his time here, and deserves his chance, and in honestly, deserves a decent pay cheque each month for it all too.

Well I guess thats that then. I'm always sceptical when reading stuff like this but as its come from Chemico I'm pretty sure its bona fide.

The details will make interesting reading I'm sure, personally I reckon he's off to Charlton but thats a pure guess and we'll see.

Horses mouth Mr ED (sorry one for the older bods I feel) seriously though it a pain in the *** when you got inside info, I friends with one of the players and get all the gossip but choose not to post it in case it p***** said player off, always people ready to say it rubbish I know chemico pretty spot on with fred. Go on details details details

Is the "SHORE" part some sort of cryptic clue? A club with a sea SHORE (Morecambe)? A club supported by Martin Shore (alright it's Shaw)....

Freddy Eastwood has and always will be a legend in these parts, i will always remember 'that' goal against Blackpool. The bloke is a true gentleman who deserves his shot at the big time, unfortunately we as a club are unable to offer this. It highlights where we want to be and where we will get to inside the next ten years. I believe soon we will be able to be in the market to buy players like freddy, giving them a shot at the championship or possibly the premiership instead of selling them so they can achieve their dreams. In all my years of work Freddy has to be one of the most gifted players i've seen in terms of potential. It's one thing we don't realise here, this boy will be seriously good when he gets to work with some of the guys at these top clubs in this country. His potential is tremendous bit i feel we as a club cannot take him any further. He will reach the premiership and he will succeed there and i hope to god one day he returns to us to finish off a glitering career.

Echo 3/7/12

Southend Re-sign former hero.

The shrimpers have moved to strengthen their front line for the clubs first ever season in the top flight capturing wales striker Freddy Eastwood for an undisclosed fee from Manchester United.

Last edited:
Darren Bent to West Ham today for £17m.

Eastwood to Charlton for £1.5m/£2m (maybe including Lloyd Sam, or Kevin Lisbie)

Back