• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh here we go......... So, because most of the lower league fans are now against this rubbish cup, we're not true supporters?

I think he was leg pulling Leo mate. After all, the General led with his chin.

I think he was leg pulling Leo mate. After all, the General led with his chin.

I hope so.... I'm not the only one who has no interest in this cup. Thousand of fans aren't interested in it. It's a shame really because I remember some good times at the Hall when it meant something to us lower league fans.

Oh here we go......... So, because most of the lower league fans are now against this rubbish cup, we're not true supporters?
Apart from when it comes to the final!

It's well documented how Oxford & Coventry fans were against the idea of Under 21/23 teams in the competition. Then look what happened a record attendance at the 'new' Wembley.

LeoBlue: I hope so.... I'm not the only one who has no interest in this cup. Thousand of fans aren't interested in it. It's a shame really because I remember some good times at the Hall when it meant something to us lower league fans.​

This is deja vu every season. :sad:

If your not interested in supporting your team, regardless of which competition they are in, then why send out negative comments to the same team you apparently support?

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about the Essex Senior Cup, but I still wish them all the best and to lift the trophy.

Beating the reading kids could gift our club £30K, So what benefit does beating the "Billericay Towie" team mean to our clubs profits?

I take it you wont be attending the Col Ewe Derby game or even make an appearance at Wembley if we make it there?

Apart from when it comes to the final!

It's well documented how Oxford & Coventry fans were against the idea of Under 21/23 teams in the competition. Then look what happened a record attendance at the 'new' Wembley.

And if an under 23 team got to the final? I'm not sure what would happen to be honest. You might get 50k from a prem team for a day out or them not bothering. All in all, its a mockery of what use to be a nice little cup.

As for the record crowd at Wembley, that was between 2 clubs who haven't been there before.

Would anyone really turn up for a final playing (an under 23 team) I wouldn't, and I haven't gone to a game since the under 23's were introduced.

It's a crap cup with no meaning these days.

And if an under 23 team got to the final? I'm not sure what would happen to be honest. You might get 50k from a prem team for a day out or them not bothering. All in all, its a mockery of what use to be a nice little cup.

As for the record crowd at Wembley, that was between 2 clubs who haven't been there before.

Would anyone really turn up for a final playing (an under 23 team) I wouldn't, and I haven't gone to a game since the under 23's were introduced.

Oxford were in the Final the season before, they lost to Barnsley.

LeoBlue: I hope so.... I'm not the only one who has no interest in this cup. Thousand of fans aren't interested in it. It's a shame really because I remember some good times at the Hall when it meant something to us lower league fans.​

This is deja vu every season. :sad:

If your not interested in supporting your team, regardless of which competition they are in, then why send out negative comments to the same team you apparently support?

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about the Essex Senior Cup, but I still wish them all the best and to lift the trophy.

Beating the reading kids could gift our club £30K, So what benefit does beating the "Billericay Towie" team mean to our clubs profits?

I take it you wont be attending the Col Ewe Derby game or even make an appearance at Wembley if we make it there?

So you follow our under 23's then? I'm guessing you don't. You say regardless of the competition, do you attend the Essex senior games then? Why not? You shouldn't preach when I don't want to attend a cup that my team is in, when you openly admitted that you don't attend them either (Essex senior cup).

As for attending any game within this cup....... NO I WON'T AND NEVER WILL.

So you follow our under 23's then? I'm guessing you don't. You say regardless of the competition, do you attend the Essex senior games then? Why not? You shouldn't preach when I don't want to attend a cup that my team is in, when you openly admitted that you don't attend them either (Essex senior cup).

As for attending any game within this cup....... NO I WON'T AND NEVER WILL.

I will attend every Southend match that I can outside of my work schedule & family commitments. You however, wouldn't clearly out of principle. Nothing wrong with that,.... each to their own i guess.

My point being, you can at least wish Southend Utd all the best of luck in a competiton you clearly despise.

I will attend every Southend match that I can outside of my work schedule & family commitments. You however, wouldn't clearly out of principle. Nothing wrong with that,.... each to their own i guess.

My point being, you can at least wish Southend Utd all the best of luck in a competiton you clearly despise.

I've never said I don't wish the club well, where did you read I said that?

we have more chance or going up as champions with 2 games to spare than an U23 team has of getting to the final (IMO).

Back