• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reading FC to submit application

Reading Shrimper

First XI
Reading are due to submit their application to expand the Madejski up to 35,000 seats this week.
http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~968826,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/6288281.stm

I think there will be no problems - Reading Borough Council have always been very supportive of the football club and have always seems to go out of their way to help them- even with small things like approving three new bus routes on match days and permission for more car parking.

Last edited:
Just seen that on the BBC, good luck to them.
Plus if we do get the go ahead and the club develops in all areas as per RM's vision, lets hope Reading get the go ahead to create some kind of precedent if we ever needed to expand prior to our debut UEFA Cup campaign :p

my x goes uni in reading and used to go up there a lot. great stadium good fans and a good team. if we could do a quarter of what they have since they got their new stadium i would be over the moon!

Hopefully Fossetts Farm transport links will be better than Readings, the buses are average in my limited experiences there (although I hear there is a train station being built?)

Back