• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ready, Set... Injury - the pre-season crock thread

It’s not unusual for players to pick up a number of strains and muscle injuries in pre season.

Depending on how they’ve conditioned themselves over the summer, they come back and literally “hit the ground running” with hard grounds and fitness testing on legs and muscles that have even in the very best circumstances had some rest and eased off from daily training.

These questions about the clubs training schedules and fitness regimes and trying to lay the blame somehow at the staffs door drive me nuts!!!!

Elite sportsman suffer numerous injured of this type and 30 players returning to full time training after six weeks off is prime time!! Despite the highly trained staffs attempts to limit it and monitor the “loads”.

Simon Cox being the pro he is actually goes thru his own pre-pre-season training. Previously I think he has gone to dubai to do it? He got the strained calf/calves doing that..so turned up injured.

Minor though annoying- and hard to criticise someone who takes his fitness so seriously and misses very few games through injury.

Simon Cox being the pro he is actually goes thru his own pre-pre-season training. Previously I think he has gone to dubai to do it? He got the strained calf/calves doing that..so turned up injured.

Minor though annoying- and hard to criticise someone who takes his fitness so seriously and misses very few games through injury.

yeah he went to Dubai again according to his Insta

Any news yet on Dru? According to reports he was limping a bit when he came off yesterday - although he did last the full 60 minutes he was slated for.

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond has played down fears Dru Yearwood was injured during Tuesday night's friendly at Billericay Town.

More...

Any news yet on Dru? According to reports he was limping a bit when he came off yesterday - although he did last the full 60 minutes he was slated for.

He was moving fine until it was time to be subbed when all of a sudden he developed a bit of a limp as he trudged off. I think it's just a reaction to being subbed.

Hopefully he can get back to the levels he was at this time last year. I thought he looked dominant and a real asset in both penalty boxes but since that first injury in the opening game he's got progressively worse each time he's come back.

He looked an absolute bag of nerves at the end. Could be a confidence thing, could be a fitness thing. I believe there's a player in there and hopefully he can shine this season

Back