• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
...one, two, three.

!) The team is playing a much more entertaining style of football this season.

2) No sign of the Tax/axe man.

3) the embargo has been lifted.

Amid the gloom and doom that so often swirls around RH, at least in the mind of the supporters, there are many things to be glad for. The three I have listed plus a seemingly good unity within the team, PS doing a really good job and new face(s) due to be unveiled.

No administration. Penny pinching survival but survival nonetheless. Dave Martin looks the dogs do da's. Straker begins to show something of the ability he has. Assombalongalongalongalongalonga is the biz. More good things yet to be revealed.

When you look at the plight of our armed forces in far flung battle zones, April jones and the terrible fire in Harlow, we really do have it good.

...one, two, three.

!) The team is playing a much more entertaining style of football this season.

2) No sign of the Tax/axe man.

3) the embargo has been lifted.

Amid the gloom and doom that so often swirls around RH, at least in the mind of the supporters, there are many things to be glad for. The three I have listed plus a seemingly good unity within the team, PS doing a really good job and new face(s) due to be unveiled.

No administration. Penny pinching survival but survival nonetheless. Dave Martin looks the dogs do da's. Straker begins to show something of the ability he has. Assombalongalongalongalongalonga is the biz. More good things yet to be revealed.

When you look at the plight of our armed forces in far flung battle zones, April jones and the terrible fire in Harlow, we really do have it good.
Th sun certainly seems to have come out again for the moment and with the prospect of us further strengthening the squad this week, things are looking up. With regards to your last paragraph it is certain that, no matter how passionate we may be in supporting our club, it is ONLY, after all, a game (seriously)......there are things FAR more important. When I see our club, or another in a dip of fortune, I'm always reminded of an awful stury concerning a Sheffield Wednesday fan. This teenager was so affected by his sides relegation to the third tier a number of years ago, that he took his own life. A tragic and futile waste of a young life.

I think if we find some consistency and a couple of wins on the bounce then RM will have to continue to support the team again (a la last season) and hopefully that will be the catalyst to see us inch up the table. We do definitely need to find some consistency and stop dropping points at home against Barnet et al. The crowd can do their part too. Up the Blues

We are definately playing some decent stuff right now , and although we have a desperately thin squad which could 'break' in a month or so , I think we have progressed from last year in terms of being a 'team'.

Did not think that would happen post Grant , Ferdinand , Hall and the French Geezer , but guess not all of those 4 were always pulling in the right direction.

Keep everyone fit , cut out silly bookings ( suspensions ) and we can really push on from here.
Can't believe the lead Gillingham have !
Are they really 11 points better than us ??

p.s. Sturrock to be knighted in the new year

We are definately playing some decent stuff right now , and although we have a desperately thin squad which could 'break' in a month or so , I think we have progressed from last year in terms of being a 'team'.

Did not think that would happen post Grant , Ferdinand , Hall and the French Geezer , but guess not all of those 4 were always pulling in the right direction.

Keep everyone fit , cut out silly bookings ( suspensions ) and we can really push on from here.
Can't believe the lead Gillingham have !
Are they really 11 points better than us ??

p.s. Sturrock to be knighted in the new year

Gills lead would have been 5 points with a decent referee in our game.

I do wonder if we will be able to hold onto Britt beyond January. I do hear Watford may well be considering him for themselves in their own struggle or loan him to a L1 Club. Reason being he took the non-league by storm, L2 BY storm and watford allegedly want to see if he can crack it higher up just as quickly before using him full time themselves in the summer or selling him for a decent fee.

There are always reasons to be cheerful ................:smile::smile::smile:

But I think I did praise the club last season for investing/gambling* in getting promoted and at the time there were comments about the potential cost if we were still in Division 4 ......... and of course we are.

It's so much easier with hindsight I find ............... but the eventual sale of Hall, Bilel and Kane's money may well save the day this season .......... provided we can get in a decent position come January ............... so it looks like here we go again ..........:dizzy::Scared2::loyalsupporter:

* delete according to your view

Back