• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

recall bramble

Alex

Members
its worth recalling him now and sticking him on the bench for grimsby. we need two strikers on the bench, if were losing or drawing etc and swansea are drawing or winning, we are going to need to score some goals. throw bramble on with 10 minutes to go and see what happens. forget about him being lazy etc, he has a point to prove and wants a new contract, he would be determined to score, the same as dudfield.

imagine gray or eastwood gets injured in the 1st half and we bring on dudfield. we need to score a goal to get promotion with 10 minutes to go and need 3 strikers on the pitch, unless bramble is on the bench we cant do it.

otherwise no matter how unfit corbett is then he will be needed on the bench. he wasnt fit against scunthorpe away, but look at the goal he scored.

I agree 100% with this. MAny people on here say what a waste of space he is, but surely you'd much rather him be there incase he's needed. Plus i think his ability to play the ball on the floor and win things in the air will be needed

Funny - I was also thinking about recalling Bramble this morning. I would actually start him ahead of Gray judging by Wayne's woeful performance vs Yeovil.

Bentley must start on Saturday. What a mistake that was by Tilly to leave him on the bench.

No, I don't think he should be recalled - it would be a backwards step and I can't see how he'd improve our chances. He's too inconsistent to rely on IMO.

if we need a goal, go three at the back and whack barrett up with the front two. he would win all the nod ons and it would be fitting for him to score the winner after the season he has had - no-one would deserve it more. i remember something similar with tony adams against everton at highbury when they clinched the title. i know its a long shot but wouldnt it be superb

Yes recall him and play him instead of the very off form Wayne Gray!

Fraid Tilson has only himself to blame for letting two strikers go in such an important part of the season!

Broughton and Bramble give us other options. Dudfield and Eastwood are too similar, and dont play well together!
Gray has gone well off the boil, and Freddy looks the only one likely to score at the moment.

No wonder Corbett has gone missing! Tilson has made a mistake by not giving him a chance! Same can be said for poor Michael Husbands, what chance was he given this season??

Is it any wonder why our goals have dried up in such a crucial stage of the season! Fraid Tilson must take the blame!

UP THE BLUES!

I think its a bit harsh criticising Tilly for not giving Husbands and Corbett a chance considring he sees them train everyday whereas you don't.
If they don't perform and can't hack the pace in training and in the reserves what is the point in playing them in the first team.
Also its obvious Bramble isn't going to be here next season so maybe Tilly was being fair and giving him the chance to win a contract at another club for next year rather then sit on the bench and in the reserves for the rest of the season.
I do think though that four strikers would be handy and maybe should have got someone in on loan like with McCormack.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 02 2005,18:50)]I think its a bit harsh criticising Tilly for not giving Husbands and Corbett a chance considring he sees them train everyday whereas you don't.
If they don't perform and can't hack the pace in training and in the reserves what is the point in playing them in the first team.
Also its obvious Bramble isn't going to be here next season so maybe Tilly was being fair and giving him the chance to win a contract at another club for next year rather then sit on the bench and in the reserves for the rest of the season.
I do think though that four strikers would be handy and maybe should have got someone in on loan like with McCormack.
Training and actually playing in matches is completely different!

Come on, what chance have they been given?? Yet he carries on with playing Gower!!

Gower is off in the summer me thinks!!!

Alex, you can become the latest member of TIG, but only if you find the shift key on your keyboard, which you seem to have missed.

I've made my feelings known on this subject and I'm sure Tes would've done a far better job than Bambi On Ice II on Saturday. Whatever though, not bringing in a fourth striker on deadline day has cost us.

Exactly matches are a lot harder so if they can't hack the pace in training and in playing reserve games against second rate teams what chance have they got in playing in the first team it would just be a waste of time.
Jose Mourinho has never seen me play in the Chelsea first team but i don't think i should get a game just because i wouldn't be very good in training.

It was a major mistake letting Bramble go in the first place without signing a replacement. If its possible to bring himback and stick him on the bench for saturday then I'd definately like to see it done.

Since he's gone have any of our stikers scored more than he has at Cambridge? Serious question, as I can't remember how long ago it was that he left, it was definately towards the end of Eastwood's run though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ May 02 2005,18:30)]Yes recall him and play him instead of the very off form Wayne Gray!

Fraid Tilson has only himself to blame for letting two strikers go in such an important part of the season!

Broughton and Bramble give us other options.  Dudfield and Eastwood are too similar, and dont play well together!
Gray has gone well off the boil, and Freddy looks the only one likely to score at the moment.

No wonder Corbett has gone missing!  Tilson has made a mistake by not giving him a chance!  Same can be said for poor Michael Husbands, what chance was he given this season??

Is it any wonder why our goals have dried up in such a crucial stage of the season!  Fraid Tilson must take the blame!

UP THE BLUES!
GET A GRIP !!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 02 2005,20:05)]It was a major mistake letting Bramble go in the first place without signing a replacement. If its possible to bring himback and stick him on the bench for saturday then I'd definately like to see it done.

Since he's gone have any of our stikers scored more than he has at Cambridge? Serious question, as I can't remember how long ago it was that he left, it was definately towards the end of Eastwood's run though.
i think eastwood has scored 3 since he left and gray 1 penalty

Bramble's got, what, 3 in that time? In a struggling side.

Get him back for saturday.

I was more patient than most on the Tes front and I am STILL convinced he'll make the grade. When on form (yes I know it's a big WHEN) he terrorised defences.

However we have to move on and accept the fact that he has gone. What sort of message do you think that would give to the rest of the team for starters ?

For the record if he was recalled I'd have him playing alongside Gray. He is the only one of the current forwards that Tes developed any sort of understanding with.

Back