• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recent developments ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

morning all from sunny Johannesburg, my temporary home before moving down to Port Elizabeth on 1st July.

It's been about 6 weeks since i was last able to log on and read what's been going on, and there's far too much to read through so if anyone has the time, i'd be grateful if they could give me a brief rundown on events over the last 6 weeks or so

cheers for now

Al

Connie's gone to Peterborough.
Maher may be going to Sheff Weds.
Cort is probably going to Hull.
Smith and Wilson are to sign new contracts before the end of the week.
Corbett signed for another year.
Tilly just missed out on signing McGleish from Col Ewe, but he's gone to Northampton.

And Tilson has signed Andy Edwards from Rushden & Diamonds

Most of the updates you have already seen but in other news each of the following statements are (unbelievably) true.

1) There have been no internal arguments on this board for weeks.

2) Shrimperzone FC drew 3-3 with Cockney Locomotive.

3) Baby Spice wants me.

4) Tim Henman makes the semi-final of the French Open tennis.

blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ June 02 2004,12:45)]Most of the updates you have already seen but in other news each of the following statements are (unbelievably) true.

3) Baby Spice wants me.........
....to set her up with a good looking bloke who hasn't got dodgy knees
wink.gif

Mourinho has joined Chelsea and Claudio looks like he could be the new Valencia boss. Ex-Valencia manager, Benetiz looks set for Liverpool after Houllier 'quit' (well got sacked).

Alan Smith (once hero at Leeds) is now a vilian after joining their friendly neighbours Man Utd.

Last night, England drew 1-1 thanks to David James letting Ono score a goal. It all started so promisingly but Japan came on stronger and looked better than us.

Oh ... and McGliesh snubbed us for N'ton for money reasons (much like Connie)!

Hope your enjoying yourself Al.

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ June 02 2004,12:45)]1) There have been no internal arguments on this board for weeks.

1) Yes, there have.

2) I hear their central midfielder played a blinder.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 02 2004,12:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ June 02 2004,12:45)]1) There have been no internal arguments on this board for weeks.

1) Yes, there have.

2) I hear their central midfielder played like a blind prat!.
Totally agree ...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 02 2004,12:50)]Last night, England drew 1-1 thanks to David James letting Ono score a goal.
Harsh ... I think it was more down to Beckham strolling about the pitch and failing to close down the attack ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 02 2004,12:50)]Last night, England drew 1-1 thanks to David James letting Ono score a goal.
First , she splits up the Beatles and then Yoko Ono scores the equalising goal against us . Can no-one stop this woman ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 02 2004,18:30)]
[b said:
Harsh ... I think it was more down to Beckham strolling about the pitch and failing to close down the attack ...

WS
Then again when you select a woman to do a mans job what can you expect ?

Anyone still want to try to convince me that Beckham is world class ? Especially after watching his last display for Real Madrid. Full marks to the linesman, I wish more over here would flag the referee for blatant abuse. (You try explaining to an 8 year old boy what is acceptable at Roots Hall etc is not acceptable in the Sceptre League)

Would a midfield containing Lampard, Scholes/Butt, Gerrard, Hargreaves/Cole actually give us less of a chance of success in Portugal ?

Have we seriously not got any better options for Captain ?

Alas I come from a position of weakness having not watched the match. I'm banking on an early exit so we can get an English manager for an English football team. If we can't find an English manager good enough - tough sh*t !

[b said:
[b said:

WS
Granted. But it went straight at him and ... well ... missed it.

Kev

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 02 2004,19:12)]
[b said:
[b said:

WS
Granted. But it went straight at him and ... well ... missed it.

Kev

rock.gif
I do think David James made a **** poor effort at saving it but he did see it late! I think you can more point the finger at Beckham for ball watching, Gary Neville for being out of position and Paul Scholes for once again failing to track back and picking up his man!

As for Beckham not being world class, I still think he is! A couple of bad games doesn't warren him being axed! This was just a friendly and England never perform in friendly's! We rise for the occasion and generally beckham leads the way in being most hiped up for these games! He has carried us at times!!

anyone else think that david james is a sh*t keeper the highest level he shold have plyed at was divison three and also Southend have signed Wayne Gray from the wombles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back