• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Red Ed's Speech and Vision

Well I reckon Mreallybland has delivered a fine set of populist ideas to get the 'supporters' wet round their furry bits but there's not a lot of substance behind them. I'll get him the benefit of the doubt and say YET. Classic behaviour from a party in opposition.

Over to you then Tone. :thumbsup:

Ok thats a fine view from A wise man and not THE wise man but as slim whitman once said and im sure you agree that a fart without follow through is just a fart.

Well I reckon Mreallybland has delivered a fine set of populist ideas to get the 'supporters' wet round their furry bits but there's not a lot of substance behind them. I'll get him the benefit of the doubt and say YET. Classic behaviour from a party in opposition.

I note conference passed resolutions in favour of re-nationalising the railways and the Post Office (should that prove necessary).

Let's hope that the PLP will act on these substantial resolutions.

Watch out for an update to this in 2015!

SunKinnock390-7712-8612.jpg

Free childcare, free school meals.....what is the focus on children all about? Schools are full of children who see little enough of their parents as it is, I just don't understand where those two parties think the finance will come from or how it's going to really benefit the children. What they want is their parents' time and attention, they'll end up getting less.

How is giving children free lunches going to force them to spend less time with their parents? At least it will save the pockets of people like my sister in law who teaches reception and takes breakfast in for some of her pupils because their parents can't afford it.

And can you imagine power cuts with the way computers control our lives these days? The 70s black outs were bad enough but at least supermarkets could keep working because they had manual tills - shops would have to close now; train lines would stop because the signalling and points are all computer controlled, and don't even think about getting on a plane!

Just shows how little you know about aeroplanes.

Thanks to the Boy Blunder and his promises, 2billion was wiped off energy shares yesterday. Way to go genius.

How is giving children free lunches going to force them to spend less time with their parents? At least it will save the pockets of people like my sister in law who teaches reception and takes breakfast in for some of her pupils because their parents can't afford it.
We were stopped doing that because of the number of allergies children have, she could get in serious trouble. The point of my post was the FOCUS on children but clearly you're back to taking issue with my posts again.

Just shows how little you know about aeroplanes.
I don't pretend to, are you telling me air traffic control doesn't rely on computer technology? Or maybe power cuts will only affect residential properties and not business?

I don't pretend to, are you telling me air traffic control doesn't rely on computer technology? Or maybe power cuts will only affect residential properties and not business?

I'd imagine, like a lot of critical railway sites, they have back up generators, though I do think I've seen it done with wooden blocks. :stunned:

They'll be no power cuts, just the leccy companies putting the fear of Bod into the general population - probably came from Tory central office anyhow.

Since you work for the railways, what do you think about re-nationalising. And just for kicks, what sort of money would it cost.

Since you work for the railways, what do you think about re-nationalising. And just for kicks, what sort of money would it cost.

Absolutely 100% for it. It was a travesty the way it was sliced up.

How much would it cost? Billions no doubt, but I'd rather that than huge white elephant that is HS2.

Absolutely 100% for it. It was a travesty the way it was sliced up.

How much would it cost? Billions no doubt, but I'd rather that than huge white elephant that is HS2.

So once said billions have been spent to buy the railways back, pray tell where the money for future investment is going to come from.

We were stopped doing that because of the number of allergies children have, she could get in serious trouble.

Who do you mean by "we"?

Yes you did:

...and don't even think about getting on a plane!

Either way, I think you know the multiple answers to your questions. I also believe your original post was meant to scare monger and has very little substance behind it.

Who do you mean by "we"?
I mean staff at the school where I work, in particular LSAs who used to do exactly this. When the new senior management team was appointed, it was made very clear to us that on no account were we to continue with this practice and the allergy thing was part of the reasoning.

And as to the rest of that, did you experience the black outs of the 70s?

I mean staff at the school where I work, in particular LSAs who used to do exactly this. When the new senior management team was appointed, it was made very clear to us that on no account were we to continue with this practice and the allergy thing was part of the reasoning.

And as to the rest of that, did you experience the black outs of the 70s?

I certainly did.As a third year undergraduate in Brum. at the time, I can't say I was greatly affected.

So once said billions have been spent to buy the railways back, pray tell where the money for future investment is going to come from.

Given that 69% of the British public would now like to see the railways re-nationalised,this would prove to be a massive vote winner, however it's financed.

"69% of the public want to see the energy companies renationalised. A similar number would like the railways back in public hands".

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/27/ed-milband-new-populism-energy-prices

Last edited:
The Tory party really need to pull something out of the bag now. Its going to take a minor miracle for them to get elected again. The polling in the swing seats is appalling for them.

Small Labour overall majority. Can't wait to see DC and GO hounded out of the Tory leadership after an election defeat.

I certainly did.As a third year undergraduate in Brum. at the time, I can't say I was greatly affected.

Well, you were lucky. I remember being huddled round candles in the kitchen listening to the wireless once I got in from school. It was always evenings that were affected, once we'd got in from school. I suppose now everyone would charge everything right up so they could carry on using all their gadgets wirelessly or by batteries!

The Tory party really need to pull something out of the bag now. Its going to take a minor miracle for them to get elected again. The polling in the swing seats is appalling for them.

Small Labour overall majority. Can't wait to see DC and GO hounded out of the Tory leadership after an election defeat.

The Tory parties "minor miracle" is that they don't offer the blandest man in the world as a PM option. That in itself should keep Labour out.

The Tory parties "minor miracle" is that they don't offer the blandest man in the world as a PM option. That in itself should keep Labour out.

Take a closer look at the opinion polls.

Labour have been consistently leading the Tories by 6% for some time now (that lead is even higher in many of the key marginals).

Labour will win with a small absolute majority in May 2015.

Back