• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Redundancy

BrettieAngell

THE ROCK GOD
My job is at risk of being made redundant it basically comes down to me and 2 other guys, now I should be Ok but I'm not going to think like that.

The process starts next Thursday and we will know before the end of the month.

I'm going to Saks tonight because my bro is dj'ing and they have Whisky for a quid so I'm gonna get smashed!!

Rich... fingers crossed you will be ok.

have a great night tonight though and let your hair down (or not as the case may be)

Oof sorry to hear that mate, what with the wedding an' all. Fingers and toes crossed for ya.

There are strict procedures your firm has to follow. Make sure they do them properly. If there are three of you in the frame, unless im very much mistaken, and you are all doing the same job, the one who is the newest will have to go first, regardless of ability to do the job.

There are strict procedures your firm has to follow. Make sure they do them properly. If there are three of you in the frame, unless im very much mistaken, and you are all doing the same job, the one who is the newest will have to go first, regardless of ability to do the job.

There is a selection process which comes down to a skill matrix, one of the other guys has been there a couple of months longer than me but I can do more than him.

There is no 'last in, first out' requirement. They have to be able to show a fair and relevent selection criteria applied to all, which can be based on experience, but also skills and ability and disciplinary record.

There is no 'last in, first out' requirement. They have to be able to show a fair and relevent selection criteria applied to all, which can be based on experience, but also skills and ability and disciplinary record.

yeah exactly, if two people get the same "score" then longevity is the last criteria.

Redundancy I think is seen as a bad thing and yet it can be a real positive.

First off if you have been there a while you can get a decent pay off. It gives you the chance to re-evalutate what you want to do in life and it also gives you a proper chance to job hunt rather than having to claim various health appointments to sneak of to interview etc.

I got made redundant last May from a job I loved. Gutted at the time but I now have loads more exams behind me than I did this time last year plus I am now looking to move soon and I can hopefully command a much better basic due to the exams.

Can be a real low point but if it does happen try to stay positive mate. My key was that at least you have your health.....

I was told I was at risk (18 out of 225) a few weeks ago but I was subsequently told I am no longer at risk.

It was a worrying few weeks and you have my sympathy.

1 out of 3 is a bit of a head****, worse is I don't think this will be the last redudancies.

I'm gonna start looking for something else just in case.

My job is at risk of being made redundant it basically comes down to me and 2 other guys, now I should be Ok but I'm not going to think like that.

The process starts next Thursday and we will know before the end of the month.

I'm going to Saks tonight because my bro is dj'ing and they have Whisky for a quid so I'm gonna get smashed!!

Oh, are you now?!

Redundancy I think is seen as a bad thing and yet it can be a real positive.

First off if you have been there a while you can get a decent pay off. It gives you the chance to re-evalutate what you want to do in life and it also gives you a proper chance to job hunt rather than having to claim various health appointments to sneak of to interview etc.

I got made redundant last May from a job I loved. Gutted at the time but I now have loads more exams behind me than I did this time last year plus I am now looking to move soon and I can hopefully command a much better basic due to the exams.

Can be a real low point but if it does happen try to stay positive mate. My key was that at least you have your health.....

At a time when the economy is basically ****ed is hard to be too positive but I'm trying i'm certainly not going to wallow in self-pity if it does happen, you have to deal with it! Gonna start looking around just in case, not alot else I can do.

Back