• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Referee for Saturday is

As long as he gives everything our way and awards us 12 penalties and denies Lincoln everything I'll be happy and welcome him back to referee at Roots Hall.

Anything less and he will be rubbish and the reason that we don't go up, it thats the case
tounge.gif

Your kind of ref - he turned a late stonewall penalty in the Tranmere v Hartlepool 2 nd leg!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herts_Cobbler @ May 23 2005,19:03)]Your kind of ref - he turned a late stonewall penalty in the Tranmere v Hartlepool 2 nd leg!
Was that the Ref? He completely bottled a clear penalty because (I presume) it was so near the end of Extra time. Not sure why that makes him a top man, Boywonder 2... You know if he does that at the MS it will be against us....
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 23 2005,22:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herts_Cobbler @ May 23 2005,19:03)]Your kind of ref - he turned a late stonewall penalty in the Tranmere v Hartlepool 2 nd leg!
Was that the Ref? He completely bottled a clear penalty because (I presume) it was so near the end of Extra time. Not sure why that makes him a top man, Boywonder 2... You know if he does that at the MS it will be against us....
sad.gif
It does because I wanted Hartlepool to win it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 23 2005,23:01)]It does because I wanted Hartlepool to win it.
rock.gif
oops.gif
suspect.gif

It would have been a penalty to Hartlepool....

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 23 2005,23:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 23 2005,23:01)]It does because I wanted Hartlepool to win it.
rock.gif

oops.gif

suspect.gif

laugh.gif
Okay dokey, I take back what I said, what a sh*te ref. Perhaps we should have him changed because it worked well for Northampton
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 23 2005,23:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 23 2005,23:03)]
[b said:
rock.gif

oops.gif

suspect.gif

laugh.gif
Okay dokey, I take back what I said, what a sh*te ref. Perhaps we should have him changed because it worked well for Northampton  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He was the referee that took charge of our home match Vs Scunthorpe
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 24 2005,09:33)]He was the referee that took charge of our home match Vs Scunthorpe
sad.gif
Why is that "
sad.gif
" ? What did he do or not do?

Do you not remember the abuse he got on here after the match. A lot of people agreed that it was the worse referring performance witnessed at Roots Hall for many a year.

Between him and an equally inadeqaute referee's assistant they managed to award a foul 3 yards into the box as a free kick.

I despair at the thought of him. Lets hope he has imporved since then.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 24 2005,10:05)]Do you not remember the abuse he got on here after the match. A lot of people agreed that it was the worse referring performance witnessed at Roots Hall for many a year.

Between him and an equally inadeqaute referee's assistant they managed to award a foul 3 yards into the box as a free kick.

I despair at the thought of him. Lets hope he has imporved since then.
Oh sh*t. I've just watched the highlights and remembered I was actually at the game. Is he the one who doesn't allow two people to jump and contest a header? Which results in loads of stoppages and just a series of free kicks and no open play?

If he is this could be good in the sense that he'll penalise Futcher for leaning on players when he goes up for headers. But equally it will give them alot of free kicks to try and utilise their massive height advantage. Hmm...

If it is the same ref as the Scunthorpe game I seem to recall a thread on here that stated that he had refereed us something like 8 times at Roots Hall and we had NEVER won.

Oh God, oh please no, the unlucky end, a Jonah ref, oh no, oh no, oh please God no, AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Back