• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
..... and appoint a referee who has never done a game above League Division 2.

November appointments:
12/11 Swansea (h) - Darren Deadman
19/11 N Forest (a) - Keith Hill
26/11 Port Vale (a) - Phil Prosser

Stiil, referees' performances lose significance when we're playing as well as we are at the moment !!!  
smile.gif

Maybe the League 2 ref will do a better job than the refs we have had so fat this season. I can not think of one ref that we have had in charge of us who has had a very good game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Oct. 10 2005,13:04)]Maybe the League 2 ref will do a better job than the refs we have had so fat this season. I can not think of one ref that we have had in charge of us who has had a very good game.
They've been generally better than the League Two refs last year, although that's not saying much.

Didn't think much of yesterday's ref, particularly in the first half. Some very odd decisions which highlighted (as usual) that most refs have never played a game of football in their lives. You would have thought with no Prem and Championship games, and it being a live game, we'd have got a decent ref.

There was one decision that made me laugh - and it went our way. When Edwards went for the ball but completely missed as David Johnson was blocking it. Caught Johnson on the thigh and he went down and the ref gave us the free kick. Made me laugh so much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Oct. 10 2005,13:43)]There was one decision that made me laugh - and it went our way. When Edwards went for the ball but completely missed as David Johnson was blocking it. Caught Johnson on the thigh and he went down and the ref gave us the free kick. Made me laugh so much.
I thought the referee yesterday was nothing if not fair.

He was very even-handed with his strange decisions, with his failure to play advantage and with his yellow cards.

Did well to get through the last 40 mins with no cards after dishing out 6 prior to that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Oct. 10 2005,13:43)]There was one decision that made me laugh - and it went our way. When Edwards went for the ball but completely missed as David Johnson was blocking it. Caught Johnson on the thigh and he went down and the ref gave us the free kick. Made me laugh so much.
He gave the free kick for handball, and clearly signalled so, which happened before Edwards clobbered Johnson. However, I think he was too quick to book players - it was never a 6 booking game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Oct. 10 2005,13:54)]Did well to get through the last 40 mins with no cards after dishing out 6 prior to that.
I thought that was odd. He had a little card happy spree, but seemed to calm down again, almost as if he needed to get the cards out of his system as soon as possible. Strange ref.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leighshrimper @ Oct. 10 2005,14:04)]
[b said:
He gave the free kick for handball, and clearly signalled so, which happened before Edwards clobbered Johnson. However, I think he was too quick to book players - it was never a 6 booking game.
Did he? thank you for clearing that up.

And no - def not a 6 booking game.

Cheese and Bentley for us were definite bookings. Can't remember who else got booked for us.

Perch deservedly got booked as the only blemish (apart from miscuing for the goal I guesss) in a solid display and Lester's for persistent fouling was probably about right too.

It was definitely a hard-tackling game. You would only need to ask Maher 8 or David Friio about that!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 10 2005,18:13)]Cheese and Bentley for us were definite bookings.  Can't remember who else got booked for us.
I'd beg to differ - at worst they were close calls. They were both making genuine and non-dangeous tackles that didn't stop a dangerous Forest attach. Compare that to some of the Forest non-bookings for some cynical fouls soulely designed to break up our flow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 10 2005,18:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 10 2005,18:13)]Cheese and Bentley for us were definite bookings.  Can't remember who else got booked for us.
I'd beg to differ - at worst they were close calls.   They were both making genuine and non-dangeous tackles that didn't stop a dangerous Forest attach.  Compare that to some of the Forest non-bookings for some cynical fouls soulely designed to break up our flow.
Genuine?? Che's?? You must be having a giraffe! He'd just given the ball away needlessly and a man had overlapped ont he wing. If Che let Lester get away we could have been in trouble. Lester completely done him and Che made sure he was goign nowhere. Cyncial yes but something players have to do some times.

Benno came from behind and got very little of the ball but made a very good contact on the Forest player.

I'd be asking why they weren't booked if it was the other way round.

Che's one was right in front of me and it was a definite booking. Although Eagle did something very similar, again right in front of me, yet got away with it. Where as from my vantage point at the front of the greens by the dugout, most of us couldn't believe Bentley got booked as it looked as though he got the ball. Haven't seen it back on tv though.

The Ref was cack though. For the first time in a long while both sets of fans were on the Ref's back at the same time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Oct. 11 2005,22:15)]Maher should have shut his mouth. Another stupid booking from him.
Why? He wasn't booked for dissent but for a second offence of encroachment at the corner.

Back