• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Referendum on Europe date to be announced today

So, Boris is backing the "Out" team... according to the Beeb, anyway - a nail in Cameron's coffin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35626621

You almost get the feeling with the likes of Gove and Boris that they have thought about how their position will affect their leadership chances before announcing their preference. Obviously they think 'out' is the way to success later down the line. Think you're right with Cameron. Probably the worse thing he did in terms of authority was to declare that he was jacking it in at the end of this parliament.

Major blow for Cameron.
I am really torn here and am going to listen to both sides looking at the pro' & Con's and obviously how anything will effect me as I am due for for retirement soon.

Be careful if we leave EU, all these cruises and we may not let you back in.

Saw Dads Army this afternoon , my wife and I thought it was quite good .

I'd rather see IDS in that pic who has a tad more gravitas than Galloway. The Zone is going to be busting a gut to accommodate the pro and anti viewpoints....it's going to be interesting.

Boris Johnson in 2016:

“It is also true that the single market is of considerable value to many UK companies and consumers, and that leaving would cause at least some business uncertainty, while embroiling the Government for several years in a fiddly process of negotiating new arrangements, so diverting energy from the real problems of this country – low skills, low social mobility, low investment etc – that have nothing to do with Europe.”

Boris Johnson in 2016:

“It is also true that the single market is of considerable value to many UK companies and consumers, and that leaving would cause at least some business uncertainty, while embroiling the Government for several years in a fiddly process of negotiating new arrangements, so diverting energy from the real problems of this country – low skills, low social mobility, low investment etc – that have nothing to do with Europe.”

For balance will you be posting Corbyns record of voting against the EU in Parliament, or the fact that Mcdonnell is a renowned Euro sceptic?

Isn't the crux of the problem for the English............that little strip of water called the English Channel? Physically, the UK is not joined to Europe and for a great number of English, Europe starts when we cross that channel. However, for many, the problem is not only physical but mental. Their difficulty is one of squaring the circle.........how to be independent of Europe, whilst at the same time being part of it. Perhaps the UK needs to go into therapy? :smile:

Well the date is as expected, and rather like RHB I want more facts prior to making a final decision (presently I will be voting out but could be persuaded to stay in).

Oh, go on. I'll be your best friend.

I'd rather see IDS in that pic who has a tad more gravitas than Galloway. The Zone is going to be busting a gut to accommodate the pro and anti viewpoints....it's going to be interesting.

IDS lost any credibility for me when he lied about what Italian university he went to. He also forgot to mention that he didn't sit any exams or gain any qualifications from there. He also said he attended a UK college of management, but also forgot to mention he didn't gain any qualifications from there either.

He lost the last remaining shred of credibility when he told people it was possible to live on about £50 a week whilst he lives in a house on his father-in-law's estate.

Nope, he wouldn't do it for me...

Last edited:
Back