• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

paddysat

Youth Team
I have been a south upper STH for many years, and over the past few years i have witnessed to decline in refreshment outlets in the South stand. Once upon a time there was one in the 'upper walkway', one at the lower (south west) corner, and one near the entrance (south east). A couple of seasons ago the upper walkway one ceased, then last season the one at the lower south west shut up shop! The only one that remains open is the one at the entrance to the ground in the south east.
Getting a half time bevvy/snack, last season was an absolute joke...with either a case of leaving to queue 5 -10 mins before the half time whistle, not only missing the game but pi**ing off people who are standing to allow you out...or queuing as soon as possible after the halftime whistle along with Uncle Tom Cobbly and all, usually on average 15-20 min, and longer on at those games with bigger attendances, so therefore missing start of second half/pi**ing same people off getting back to your seat.
When the lower south west outlet was first closed, a clubs' security/official told me it had been closed due to staff illness, although it remained closed for the entire season! (maybe the illness was terminal?? :winking:).
I emailed the club twice to ask for an official reason for the closures and if there were plans to reopen those that had closed, but surprise surprise, I never received any response:thumbdown:
I then started taking a flask of coffee, and my own snacks, and at one match I was told by an official that I was not allowed to bring a flask into the ground!!
Has anyone else experienced the same problems in the South stand, or anywhere else in the ground? Does anyone know who to email or call regarding a complaint of this nature where the mail would be replied too?

Your best bet is to speak to Dave Jobson, if you don't know him he stands in the control box at the corner of the South and West stands on a match day but i'm certain a letter to the club for his attention will reach him (i've never trusted the club emails as they are pretty much always ignored in my experience)

Your best bet is to speak to Dave Jobson, if you don't know him he stands in the control box at the corner of the South and West stands on a match day but i'm certain a letter to the club for his attention will reach him (i've never trusted the club emails as they are pretty much always ignored in my experience)

I bet he knows his onions! :winking:

People have always been able to bring a thermos in, sounds a bit officious to suddenly say you can't. I'd do as BLUEBLOOD suggests and speak to Dave Jobson, alternatively, if you're a Trust member, email the Trust via their website, and who can raise the issue at a liaison meeting.

The standard of catering at Roots Hall has been awful for as long as I can remember and whoever is in charge of it should be ashamed of his/herself.

Having said that, if I want to go for a meal I'll go to a restaurant, for a drink I'll go to the pub and to watch football I'll go to Roots Hall or one of the many other grounds I visit during the course of a season. I am amazed how many people can't seem to survive a couple of hours without food and drink ! However, from the club's point of view it is a lost or reduced revenue stream.

People have always been able to bring a thermos in, sounds a bit officious to suddenly say you can't. I'd do as BLUEBLOOD suggests and speak to Dave Jobson, alternatively, if you're a Trust member, email the Trust via their website, and who can raise the issue at a liaison meeting.

Or if you want to get something done ask me and I will get it sorted as that seems to work!

I have been a south upper STH for many years, and over the past few years i have witnessed to decline in refreshment outlets in the South stand. Once upon a time there was one in the 'upper walkway', one at the lower (south west) corner, and one near the entrance (south east). A couple of seasons ago the upper walkway one ceased, then last season the one at the lower south west shut up shop! The only one that remains open is the one at the entrance to the ground in the south east.
Getting a half time bevvy/snack, last season was an absolute joke...with either a case of leaving to queue 5 -10 mins before the half time whistle, not only missing the game but pi**ing off people who are standing to allow you out...or queuing as soon as possible after the halftime whistle along with Uncle Tom Cobbly and all, usually on average 15-20 min, and longer on at those games with bigger attendances, so therefore missing start of second half/pi**ing same people off getting back to your seat.
When the lower south west outlet was first closed, a clubs' security/official told me it had been closed due to staff illness, although it remained closed for the entire season! (maybe the illness was terminal?? :winking:).
I emailed the club twice to ask for an official reason for the closures and if there were plans to reopen those that had closed, but surprise surprise, I never received any response:thumbdown:
I then started taking a flask of coffee, and my own snacks, and at one match I was told by an official that I was not allowed to bring a flask into the ground!!
Has anyone else experienced the same problems in the South stand, or anywhere else in the ground? Does anyone know who to email or call regarding a complaint of this nature where the mail would be replied too?

Drop me a message mate and I will raise concerns with club

The standard of catering at Roots Hall has been awful for as long as I can remember and whoever is in charge of it should be ashamed of his/herself.

Having said that, if I want to go for a meal I'll go to a restaurant, for a drink I'll go to the pub and to watch football I'll go to Roots Hall or one of the many other grounds I visit during the course of a season. I am amazed how many people can't seem to survive a couple of hours without food and drink ! However, from the club's point of view it is a lost or reduced revenue stream.

Its not every game that i have the need to want a drink or a snack, but on some of those Midweek winter nights or a Friday evening kick off when a hot coffee makes the cold that bit more bearable, or I have gone to the game straight from finishing work late, and not had the luxury of having had something to drink/eat prior to arriving at the game.
I agree with you that the catering as long since been awful, and the "dog burgers" are the last thing id eat...Maybe someone from the "catering" should go along to one of the away games, as the food, drinks and the minimal waiting times at most away venues, leaves ours much to be desired.

Also in other news regarding food club are looking to open up the north west food bar again done we now have the north back

The burger van that was in the North West corner was better than the normal catering might only have been one game though. Will that be back?

I've got another one for Mr Jobson. The cratered and pot holed car park.....only a matter of time before someone breaks their ankle or worse. My Grandad, who sits in the East stand is 86 this season and has to negotiate that minefield every other Saturday.
Then again....why bother with it? We're moving to a new stadium soon ain't we? Pfffffft

Why should we need to raise an issue letter / email it is obvious for all to see. West stand bar is far worse since not having a beer on tap service i have been known to take some tinnys in an just drink them get a plastic cup an its all good (just be discreet pouring it out lol)

I've got another one for Mr Jobson. The cratered and pot holed car park.....only a matter of time before someone breaks their ankle or worse. My Grandad, who sits in the East stand is 86 this season and has to negotiate that minefield every other Saturday.
Then again....why bother with it? We're moving to a new stadium soon ain't we? Pfffffft

The Car Park is scheduled to be leveled by October

Back