• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, with 41 points so far and another 19 games to go it would take a collapse of a monumental scale for Southend to be any where near the relegation zone come the end of the season ............. the fact that we have been up in the top third of the table for much of the time is a fabulous achievement in my eyes.

But looking down it seems as if the bottom 3 must be favourites for relegation - Colchester, Oldham and Crewe are slightly adrift of the group above. So far we have 9 points from playing these teams away and have yet to play any of them at home.

And then there are a good many teams above the bottom three who could be threatened with relegation. At the moment it would seem that any team that can continue to accumulate points will be safe whilst it's not unusual for one team to start to decline around now and suddenly find themselves in trouble with very few games left. :'(

I'm glad we're not down there ................

The first few games of the season were a bit scary....Walsall came down here and taught us lesson after lesson....but massive credit to Phil brown and the players. They stepped up big time and it has been a great season thus far, exceeding my expectations for sure. We are currently in with a shout of making the play offs, I think we may miss out ultimately but as it stands we are there sniffing that play off spot.

I think you folks should be very safe and what a great result on Saturday, my brother in law and brother were there and said you played very well. We on the other hand are going from bad to worse, I think Keen will come good in the end he seems to be a very good manager but he has taken on a big job too late, and now I do feel we are very likely to get relegated which is rare for us in the last 30 or so years.

Col. Ewe are just awful.....shipping goals galore.....Hee hee
Have seen us in plenty of relegation scraps and it's just so draining....always trying to dig out a result, luck does seem to run against you, remember the Alvin Martin relegations where the players didn't seem to care, the Tilly relegations....league one especially when Ron screwed everyone. It's just horrible. Although it does make the good times that much sweeter.

I think you folks should be very safe and what a great result on Saturday, my brother in law and brother were there and said you played very well. We on the other hand are going from bad to worse, I think Keen will come good in the end he seems to be a very good manager but he has taken on a big job too late, and now I do feel we are very likely to get relegated which is rare for us in the last 30 or so years.

To be fair on Boxing Day you should have done us, the combination of poor finishing and then comical defending seemed to encapsulate the entire season for you lot......complete poop

Col. Ewe are just awful.....shipping goals galore.....Hee hee
Have seen us in plenty of relegation scraps and it's just so draining....always trying to dig out a result, luck does seem to run against you, remember the Alvin Martin relegations where the players didn't seem to care, the Tilly relegations....league one especially when Ron screwed everyone. It's just horrible. Although it does make the good times that much sweeter.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time we were in a relegation scrap that we actually succeeded in getting out of. 94/95? The last three times we've been relegated, to say we did it with a whimper would be a massive understatement.

Loathe as I am to praise the inbreds, Colchester to their credit always seem to give it a good go and I don't see why this season will be any different. I wouldn't write them off yet, they still have a lot of talent in their side going forward, they are just utterly dreadful at the back.

The first few games of the season were a bit scary....Walsall came down here and taught us lesson after lesson....but massive credit to Phil brown and the players. They stepped up big time and it has been a great season thus far, exceeding my expectations for sure. We are currently in with a shout of making the play offs, I think we may miss out ultimately but as it stands we are there sniffing that play off spot.

Contrary to what some said at the time, Walsall are a very good side who have been teaching lessons to sides quite often this season, including despatching Brentford in the last round of the FA cup. So with hindsight losing to them is probably not the worst thing that could happen to us, and we did learn from it.

I think we mostly thought we would be in for a hard time in this Division, but all credit to Phil and his team, they have built a side designed to survive and then flourish. Play-offs? - maybe, relegation? just keep doing what we're doing, and no chance.

Yeah, I can't remember the last time we were in a relegation scrap that we actually succeeded in getting out of. 94/95? The last three times we've been relegated, to say we did it with a whimper would be a massive understatement.

Loathe as I am to praise the inbreds, Colchester to their credit always seem to give it a good go and I don't see why this season will be any different. I wouldn't write them off yet, they still have a lot of talent in their side going forward, they are just utterly dreadful at the back.
The year Tilly took over ??

Perhaps, although I'd say that was more a relegation worry than a scrap - IIRC we were in trouble in November/December time but were pretty much out of the woods and on the up by the end of March. I was more thinking of us making a great escape in the last couple of games, a la Col Ewe last season.

They could do s lot worse than sign prosser who would at least show some fight and scrap for every loose ball

To be fair on Boxing Day you should have done us, the combination of poor finishing and then comical defending seemed to encapsulate the entire season for you lot......complete poop

Been like that most of the season LB, but should have won and could have won is wearing a bit thin now! The defence looks a bit better now ( Except for last Saturday!) but now our attack has gone to pcs. The gap is getting wider each week and we have played more games and conceded more goals than others so I think it will be too much now. We could well lose Gilbey and Moncur in the next few days, but I doubt we will have time to spend any transfer fees involved thus window.

We have only been relegated twice in the last 30 odd years Jai, once was the big one when we dropped out of the league in 1990 and the other was 2008 when we dropped out of the championship. Considering our gates that is pretty good going by various managers.

Ok chuck in that dodgy keeper of yours and we have a deal!

Listen pal, I don't come from the North of the County, you won't catch me out with that one. Whatever you may think Paul Smith is not a dodgy keeper, but he's yours for a knock down price of £20k. I won't stripe you on price.

I thought that too Tommy, we do need a commanding experienced centre half.
But you've obviously never seen Plodder play.It would be great if you signed him(he wouldn't cost you anything)at the end of this transfer window then his first and probably only game would be at the Hall and we'd get double figures.

Ssshhhh! .. Don't tell them that. They're just about to give us 20K for him! :winking:

Thinking ahead,he might be a decent signing for 2017-18 when they start in the Conference(National Lg) again.

Back