• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Remaining Fixtures

I think our survival depends equally on the fitness of Cox, Hopper, to a lesser degree McLaughlin and the return of Demitriou. That, in all, won't make a tremendous difference but it could be just enough to keep us up.

Hopper won't be back this season. Humphrys may be back which would make a difference

I watched the Walsall v Barnsley game yesterday and see no evidence to suggest we will beat them. They were very unfortunate not to get something yesterday. They counter with quite a lot of pace and as we have already seen, we are guilty of leaving big gaps to be exploited

AND .... When we beat them 3-0 at home we had Hopper and Coker still. However Bunn scored 2 and Dieng the other
I think they will beat us as well

Last edited:
We have had it....next win will be after 7 or 8 games next season....when we are in bottom third of League 2 and Ron finally pulls the trigger on Powell

This is so depressing and is turning into the worst season since Alvin Martin

I love the hope that some people have on here. Powell has lost the dressing room, tactically inept and can’t motivate himself let alone the players. To many players over the hill, woefully out of form or on the treatment table....a lack of desire, togetherness and identity!

I don’t give up generally....but we need a dose of reality here. No other team in the land in our position would not have sacked their manager by now!

We have had it....next win will be after 7 or 8 games next season....when we are in bottom third of League 2 and Ron finally pulls the trigger on Powell

This is so depressing and is turning into the worst season since Alvin Martin

I love the hope that some people have on here. Powell has lost the dressing room, tactically inept and can’t motivate himself let alone the players. To many players over the hill, woefully out of form or on the treatment table....a lack of desire, togetherness and identity!

I don’t give up generally....but we need a dose of reality here. No other team in the land in our position would not have sacked their manager by now!

Snap. Feel completely the same. Never in my 20+ years of holding a season ticket had I genuinely not looked forward to games like I feel now.

Bristol Rovers lost 4-1at Donny tonight only 3 points above us although their goal difference is seven goals better.

To be fair, that result was a given, Donny have a great home record (only lost 2 games at home all season).

Currently, the game in hand that Rochdale have, is more of a concern to me.

Today's key results.

Accrington Stanley 0-1 Fleetwood Town
Bristol Rovers 1-2 Luton Town
Charlton Athletic 1-0 Bradford City
Doncaster Rovers 3-1 Walsall
Gillingham 1-1 Rochdale
Oxford United 2-1 Wycombe Wanderers
Scunthorpe United 1-2 AFC Wimbledon
Southend United 0-2 Shrewsbury Town

How the table currently looks.

15. Shrewsbury Town 46 pts
16. Bristol Rovers 45 pts
17. Wycombe Wanderers 44 pts
18. Accrington Stanley 44pts
19. Scunthorpe United 44pts
20. Southend United 42 pts
21. Walsall 42 pts
22. AFC Wimbledon 42 pts
23. Rochdale 42 pts
24. Bradford City 36 pts

Despite yet another **** poor performance/result, we still somehow find ourselves outside of the relegation zone albeit thanks to goal difference. Just ONE win could take us up to 16th thanks to our goal difference but after today, I'm struggling to see where that comes from.

To be fair, that result was a given, Donny have a great home record (only lost 2 games at home all season).

Currently, the game in hand that Rochdale have, is more of a concern to me.[/QUOTE]

Looks like its 9th April away to Accrington Stanley.

"20. Southend United 42 pts
21. Walsall 42 pts
22. AFC Wimbledon 42 pts
23. Rochdale 42 pts
24. Bradford City 36 pts "

So! That's goal difference away from 23rd.

I’m of the opinion we won’t win another point this season based on how ****ing embarrassing today was...

There's far too may games between the bottom 8 to call this we can't afford to lose at Rochdale or Walsall. Wins really will be worth 6 points. Draws mean there's only 2 points won instead of 3.

Has anyone got the time to remove those games played from the first list?

Has anyone got the time to remove those games played from the first list?

Yes, updated list

This seasons relegation battle, remaining games.

14th - Shrewsbury Town: Points 47 (-8)

Gillingham (13th)
Barnsley (2nd)
OXFORD UNITED (12th)
Coventry City (9th)
WALSALL (22nd)

15th - Plymouth Argyle: Points 47 (-14)

Doncaster (6th)
Gillingham (13th)
BARNSLEY (2nd)
Accrington Stanley (17th)
SCUNTHORPE (18th)

16th - Bristol Rovers: Points 45 (-4)

Coventry (9th)
BRADFORD (24th)
AFC Wimbledon (21st)
ROCHDALE (23rd)
Fleetwood Town (11th)
BARNSLEY (2nd)

17th - Accrington Stanley: Points 45 (-18)

ROCHDALE (23rd)
WALSALL (22nd)
LUTON TOWN (1st)
Doncaster Rovers (6th)
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (15th)
Portsmouth (4th)

18th - Scunthorpe United: Points 45 (-21)

BURTON ALBION (10th)
BLACKPOOL (8th)
Charlton Athletic (5th)
BRADFORD CITY (24th)
Plymouth Argyle (15th)

19th - Wycombe Wanderers: Points 44 (-13)

CHARLTON ATHLETIC (5th)
Southend United (20th)
Rochdale (23rd)
WALSALL (22nd)
AFC Wimbledon (21st)
FLEETWOOD TOWN (11th)

20th - Southend United: Points 43 (-12)

WYCOMBE WANDERERS (19th)
Walsall (22nd)
BURTON ALBION (10th)
Rochdale (23rd)
SUNDERLAND (3rd)