• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Remaining Fixtures

This seasons relegation battle in League One has got to be one of the tightest in history. With Bradford City in 24th (36 points) and Oxford United in 13th (46 points) any of 12 teams still aren't safe from the dreaded drop back down to the basement division that is League Two. With just seven games remaining, those 12 teams will still be looking over their shoulders and supporters will be hoping that their clubs can do just enough to survive come May.

As someone who regularly looks at what teams around us in the table are doing and who they still have to play I thought I'd put all that in one place so that we can all see just who plays who in this relegation dog fight. With just goal difference separating us and Walsall in 21st, I'm not going to focus on those teams above us, just those who are below us and could move above us from now till the end of the season. As mentioned by @Stuart W it might be worth adding Scunthrope United and Shrewsbury Town fixtures and also Wycomebe Wanders and Accrington Stanley's as requested by @LBBlue so here they are.

16th Wycombe Wanderers:

Oxford United (13th)
PORTSMOUTH (3rd)
CHARLTON ATHLETIC (5th)
Southend United (20th)
Rochdale (22nd)
WALSALL (21st)
AFC Wimbledon (23rd)
FLEETWOOD TOWN (11th)

17th- Accrington Staley:

FLEETWOOD TOWN (11th)
SUNDERLAND (4th)
AFC Wimbledon (23rd)
ROCHDALE (22nd)
WALSALL (21st)
LUTON TOWN (1st)
Doncaster Rovers (7th)
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (14th)
Portsmouth (3rd)

18- Scunthorpe United:

AFC WIMBLEDON (23rd)
Shrewsbury Town (19th)
BURTON ALBION (10th)
BLACKPOOL (8th)
Charlton Athletic (5th)
BRADFORD CITY (24th)
Plymouth Argyle (14th)

19- Shrewsbury Town:

Southend Unied (20th)
SCUNTHORPE UNITED (18th)
Gillingham (12th)
Barnsley (2nd)
OXFORD UNITED (13th)
Coventry City (9th)
WALSALL (21st)

20th- Southend United:

SHREWSBURY TOWN (19th)
Fleetwood Town (11th)
WYCOMBE WANDERERS (16th)
Walsall (21st)
BURTON ALBION (10th)
Rochdale (22nd)
SUNDERLAND (4th
)

21- Walsall:

Doncaster Rovers (7th)
OXFORD UNITED (13th)
Accrington Stanley (17th)
SOUTHEND UNITED (20th)
Wycombe Wanderers (16th)
PETERBOROUGH UNITED (6th)
Shrewsbury Town (19th)

22nd- Rochdale:

Gillingham (12th)
SUNDERLAND (4TH)
Portsmouth (3rd)
WYCOMBE WANDERERS (16th)
Bristol Rovers (15th)
SOUTHEND UNITED (20th)
Charlton Athletic (5th)

23rd- AFC Wimbledon:

Scunthorpe United (18th)
ACCRINGTON STANLEY (17th)
Oxford United (13th)
BRISTOL ROVERS (15th)
Luton Town (1st)
WYCOMBE WANDERERS (16th)
Bradford City (24th)

24th- Bradford City:

Charlton Athletic (5th)
DONCASTER ROVERS (7th)
Bristol Rovers (15th)
Coventry City (9th)
GILLINGHAM (12th)
Scunthorpe United (18th)
AFC WIMBLEDON (23rd)

One thing that I notice looking at those fixtures for teams below us is just how many of us play teams who are also in the relegation battle. With Rochdale having a game in hand, albeit against high flying Portsmouth it's still going to go down right to the last day I think. Despite being in horrendous form, no win in eleven games now and playing under a manager who in my opinion has lost the dressing room, I still have hope that we'll just have enough to survive.. or at least I hope.

Last edited:
This seasons relegation battle in League One has got to be one of the tightest in history. With Bradford City in 24th (36 points) and Oxford United in 13th (46 points) any of 12 teams still aren't safe from the dreaded drop back down to the basement division that is League Two. With just seven games remaining, those 12 teams will still be looking over their shoulders and supporters will be hoping that their clubs can do just enough to survive come May.

As someone who regularly looks at what teams around us in the table are doing and who they still have to play I thought I'd put all that in one place so that we can all see just who plays who in this relegation dog fight. With just goal difference separating us and Walsall in 21st, I'm not going to focus on those teams above us, just those who are below us and could move above us from now till the end of the season.

Southend United:

SHREWSBURY TOWN (19th)
Fleetwood Town (11th)
WYCOMBE WANDERERS (16th)
Walsall (21st)
BURTON ALBION (10th)
Rochdale (22nd)
SUNDERLAND (4th
)

Walsall:

Doncaster Rovers (7th)
OXFORD UNITED (13th)
SOUTHEND UNITED (20th)
Wycombe Wanderers (16th)
PETERBOROUGH UNITED (6th)
Shrewsbury Town (19th)

Rochdale:

Gillingham (12th)
SUNDERLAND (4TH)
Portsmouth (3rd)
WYCOMBE WANDERERS (16th)
Bristol Rovers (15th)
SOUTHEND UNITED (20th)
Charlton Athletic (5th)

AFC Wimbledon:

Scunthorpe United (18th)
ACCRINGTON STANLEY (17th)
Oxford United (13th)
BRISTOL ROVERS (15th)
Luton Town (1st)
WYCOMBE WANDERERS (16th)
Bradford City (24th)

Bradford City:

Charlton Athletic (5th)
DONCASTER ROVERS (7th)
Bristol Rovers (15th)
Coventry City (9th)
GILLINGHAM (12th)
Scunthorpe United (18th)
AFC WIMBLEDON (23rd)

One thing that I notice looking at those fixtures for teams below us is just how many of us play teams who are also in the relegation battle. With Rochdale having a game in hand, albeit against high flying Portsmouth it's still going to go down right to the last day I think. Despite being in horrendous form, no win in eleven games now and playing under a manager who in my opinion has lost the dressing room, I still have hope that we'll just have enough to survive.. or at least I hope.
I'm trying hard not to be pedantic but just a couple of observations:-
1) Rochdale's game in hand is actually the waterlogged postponement at Accrington last weekend.
2) I think it might have been appropriate to include Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe in the above, in particular Shrewsbury who if by some miracle lose at Roots Hall next week, actually fall two points behind us.
Otherwise, interesting stuff.........

1) Rochdale's game in hand is actually the waterlogged postponement at Accrington last weekend.
2) I think it might have been appropriate to include Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe in the above, in particular Shrewsbury who if by some miracle lose at Roots Hall next week, actually fall two points behind us.

By all means I’m happy to include those teams fixtures. Yes I think you’re right, I was fooled in to thinking because Pompey are in the Checkatrade final that’s where the game in hand comes from.

and Accrington and Wycombe.

Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Oxford and Gillingham have got themselves clear now I think.

After they play us, Wycombe play Rochdale, Walsall and Wimbledon.

Accrington Stanley play three of the teams below us in consecutive fixtures. We need them to win all those. Come on Stanley!!

Although its always interesting to look at all the fixtures and guess who wins what, at the end of the day if everyone gives 100 per cent every game then we should just about get enough points on board despite our injury hit squad. On the other hand if the performances lack commitment, which is the view of the Sky reporter yesterday then we are stuffed.

Thanks for putting this together - I really hope that this remains in our own hands and we don't have to rely on other results on the last day v. Sunderland, what a horrible thought.

This is all "Pie in the Sky" I cant see where are next points are coming from based the mind set of the players under Powell.
Option, do we sack him now, or wait till the end of season, wait after ten games when we are floundering in League 2 and destined to be another Orient or even Torquay. Whatever happens Ron let him go so he dedicate all efforts on being a Spurs scout.

I think our survival depends equally on the fitness of Cox, Hopper, to a lesser degree McLaughlin and the return of Demitriou. That, in all, won't make a tremendous difference but it could be just enough to keep us up.

I can't really see where we can get a single point. We are in free fall, no confidence, no fight and god damm aweful manager. The lack of management skills is for all to see. Massive clear out end of season, I've accepted the situation that div2 is coming

I think our survival depends equally on the fitness of Cox, Hopper, to a lesser degree McLaughlin and the return of Demitriou. That, in all, won't make a tremendous difference but it could be just enough to keep us up.
Not sure Hopper is going to be fit for the start of next season let alone this season?

I watched the Walsall v Barnsley game yesterday and see no evidence to suggest we will beat them. They were very unfortunate not to get something yesterday. They counter with quite a lot of pace and as we have already seen, we are guilty of leaving big gaps to be exploited

Back