• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rendering

steveo

mine to stay the same please
We have a garage wall which has bits hanging of it and it needs re-rendering.

As I have never done any rendering before so thought I would have a go myself before getting someone in just for the fun of it.
Am I correct in thinking you should use sharp sand? What mix? Any other tips?

Thanks in advance

Undercoat or scratch coat 6/1 with water proofer in it top coat 4/1,sponge finnish or float it up.
Nail two pieces of battern up the wall just short of the length of a straight edge or rule,slap the gear on and just rule it off using the batterns as a guide,hence a flat coating.

We've just had a room plastered and that's exactly what's happened. Happens every time!

I bet the plasterer would shoot off to pick up 'materials' and come back two hours later with egg yolk on their top as well.

So if i buy a couple of extra bags of cement and leave them on the patio in the rain the job would look more professional. However, im not really a cooked breakfast man. Do you think a smattering of weetabix on my shirt would give the same "pro" look?

tumbleweed-o.gif

Back