• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Repeat playing these 3,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 28 2005,16:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 28 2005,15:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 27 2005,23:23)]I give up, i am not criticising just making an observation that we have the 3 most negative midfielders all playing in the same team. Consolidation would be great this year but it aint gonna happen if we don't create and push forward, Harry Potter can't see the bleeding obvious but i can, and he does the ratings on TLG!
And just in case anyone has forgotten:

Wiggy,

You said Ron Martin had a plan to relegate the club last year.
You called us muppets.
You said we couldn't handle the truth.

We let Cort and Constantine go because we didn't wish to bankrupt the club to keep them.
We argued that Tilly and the board knew what they were doing.
You told us we were wrong and you presented your view as fact.
You called us muppets.
You said we couldn't see the truth.

So we signed a young man named Barrett.
We signed a young man named Eastwood.
And just like we all said, Constantine went on to achieve absolutely nothing.
He was, like we all said, always likely to be just a one-season wonder.
Again, forgive us for having missed "the truth".

We signed Wayne Gray and you told us that we'd never get out of the division with players like that in the side. You presented that view as fact... and I may be wrong, but there may or may not have been a conversation about "the truth" yet again. I'll remind you that we did get out of the division with a player like that in the side - and I'll apologise once more for missing "the truth".

You continually criticised the club's captain for his lack of ability. You presented your view as fact and you must have been frustrated at our continued failure to see "the truth". Strangely, his fellow pro's voted him into the team of the year. Still we struggled to see the truth. Just what on earth is wrong with us!?

And then, despite Ron Martin's wickedness (and our muppeticious failure to see it), we somehow achieved promotion. Still, the truth was too much for us muppets.

And so... we started this season - a division higher despite Ron Martin's efforts. Dudfield left the building - and we seem to be short on strikers - again, further proof of Martin's wicked plan. The evil Martin (and his henchman Tilson) was rumoured to have been looking at six-figure strikers to swell the numbers. Despite that, you offered us "the truth" once more - the truth this time being that "we will never sign any of these strikers we're after since we're only offering a bag of peanuts and a cup of tea". When we argued that we didn't know what was being offered, you told us to "accept it that Shaun Goater will never sign for us while we continue to offer the wages we're offering".

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?

Wigmeister, my good old chum...
You were WRONG about Ron Martin's plans.
You were WRONG about Constantine,
You were WRONG about Wayne Gray.
You were WRONG about Maher 8.
You were WRONG about us getting out of the division.
You were WRONG about Goater.

... but still no one can see the bleeding obvious like you can!!

Wiggy - I salute you!

ps: I would assume that referring to Matt as Harry Potter is a right reserved only for his friends?
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Not just post of the week, but probably post of the year.
You alo missed that wiggy was wrong for criticising the club for only offering peanuts, only to have Oldham admit that they offered less for Beckett than we did.

When I challenged wiggy to, for once, apologise to the club for this slander it was not able to do so.

As I pointed out at this point, wiggy now has no credibility. Anyone that isn't prepared to admit when they are wrong, in my opinion, has no credibility and therefore does not deserve a response from the rest of us.

I therefore challenge all of us to ignore all wiggy's comments from now on. I certainly will, can the rest of you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Aug. 28 2005,19:15)]I therefore challenge all of us to ignore all wiggy's comments from now on.
Nah, where's the fun in that?

wink.gif

The gay club are out in force i see, still better than the boring back slapping on here lately, god it's been bloody drab. I've got plenty right on here in the past however you dress it up, and while you lot sit on the fence accepting one failure after another, give Embers a chance remember that one, give Drewe time, Graeme Jones will come good, takes you Zonies 4 months to see the bleeding obvious, repeat again Kev the crab, backwards Petts and overated and negative Gutts will not create us enough goals. And just to be positive for a moment, Flavs is best keeper in the division, Barrett is a prize asset, Jay Smith is quality that will be playing in a higher division in time, Lawson is one for the future and Freddy enough said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 28 2005,22:08)]I've got plenty right on here in the past however you dress it up
It is your total sense of self-satisfaction and your unremitting ability to overlook the fact that you are frequently wrong that is your undoing in the credibility stakes, my old fruit.

That's the reason why the question in my opening post - the one that appears to have provoked a fair bit of comment on this thread - asked whether you were feeling smug.  It appears, from your comment above, that I was right to ask.

It's not so much your negativity about certain players (notably Maher) that causes people to have a go at you; rather, it's your insufferable smugness that grates... that somehow, we are all blind, wandering around in a fog of ignorance; and that only you have the vision to see where this team of ours is going wrong.

I may be a smug, annoying git about certain things (e.g. grammar), but at least I've never had the temerity to suggest that I could do Tilly's job better than he does it - which is something which you infer every time you post on here.

suspect.gif

glare.gif

As for Guttridge, well I just think you're wrong.  This supposedly negative player (according to you) finished top scorer at Canbridge - scoring all his goals from midfield; and he impressed Tilly enough to be awarded with a three-year contract.  He's sticking around - so you'd better get used to it.

The irony of it all is that I happen to agree with the essential thrust of your argument - that a midfield with both Maher and Pettefer in it is probably always going to be too negative.  But the force of your message, as usual, gets lost in the delivery... and that really is a shame.

Hey ho,

Matt

P.S. Did anyone ever say Graeme Jones would ever be any good?  I gave him until the 7th game of that season - the Nene Park debacle - before I gave up on him.  Surely any player deserves at least half a dozen games at a new club to prove themselves before you write them off...?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 28 2005,15:50)]ps: I would assume that referring to Matt as Harry Potter is a right reserved only for his friends?
Not really... a chant of "There's Only One Harry Potter" is sometimes sung in the South Upper when I roll up, so it's hardly a term of endearment reserved for a select few...

tounge.gif

Indeed, on the whole, my friends tend to call me Matt rather than Harry...

wink.gif

MTS That by far is the best post I have read in the last 10 minutes.

I can safely say that because I can barely see the screen

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 29 2005,14:40)]After Gutteridge performance today? Well, I dunno what to tell ya, Wigs!

WS
Crowny said it was the 'best game Gutts has played in a Southend shirt'.

Still, I doubt Wiggy will admit she was proved wrong here... after all, we only scored 3 goals in an essex derby.

rock.gif

Tsk. There you've gone again wiggy.

Gay club? back slapping? Deary me.

I wasn't even at the game, I was feeling sorry for myself in Cornwall/Devon/Dorset with WAP on constant refresh. Yet I can tell you what is a fact. Guttridge set up the first goal with a through ball for Goater and our inept attacking force somehow contrived to score three goals against a pretty decent defence.

Some things will never be different.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 28 2005,22:08)]I've got plenty right on here in the past however you dress it up...

...and overated and negative Gutts will not create us enough goals
It's stuff like this, wiggy, that has totally erased your credibility.

You see, it's because you're a one track record.  Your policy appears to be to say "we're sh*t, so & so is sh*t" often enough, because on that basis, you'll be right some of the time.

If only you were brave enough to come on here, hold your hands up and admit that you are human, and that sometimes you get it wrong, then people might listen to what you have to say.  How hard would it be, for example, for you to come on here and admit that Gutts turned in a Man of the Match performance yesterday, and that actually he's neither negative nor overrated?

Alas, it seems that you were off sick on that day in primary school when the teacher told the class the story about the little boy who cried wolf...

oops.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 30 2005,14:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 28 2005,22:08)]I've got plenty right on here in the past however you dress it up...

...and overated and negative Gutts will not create us enough goals
It's stuff like this, wiggy, that has totally erased your credibility.

You see, it's because you're a one track record.  Your policy appears to be to say "we're sh*t, so & so is sh*t" often enough, because on that basis, you'll be right some of the time.

If only you were brave enough to come on here, hold your hands up and admit that you are human, and that sometimes you get it wrong, then people might listen to what you have to say.  How hard would it be, for example, for you to come on here and admit that Gutts turned in a Man of the Match performance yesterday, and that actually he's neither negative nor overrated?

Alas, it seems that you were off sick on that day in primary school when the teacher told the class the story about the little boy who cried wolf...

oops.gif

Matt
Of course, Wiggy may have read posts such as your above, Matt, with a chuckle... ignoring our comments because she is just playing up to her image to wind others up.

I reckon she knows we're right because she does it all on purpose.

rock.gif

Back