• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Repeat playing these 3,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 28 2005,22:08)]repeat again Kev the crab, backwards Petts and overated and negative Gutts will not create us enough goals. And just to be positive for a moment, Flavs is best keeper in the division, Barrett is a prize asset, Jay Smith is quality that will be playing in a higher division in time, Lawson is one for the future and Freddy enough said.
I never usually can reply to your posts as I just know how stupid you really are, but this one I just have to.

I'll start with your negative comments.

Kev - Captain Marvel who's proved all the original doubters wrong to show that without him its like Man Utd without Roy Keane(five years ago!)

Petts - No, not backwards Pettefer.  Defensive Petts who will not give the ball away every time he gets it. (ie. Gower)

Guttridge - Well after yesterdays performance I really do not think a lot more needs to be said.

Now for me to turn around your positives into negatives.

Flavs - Best keeper? Think thats far too overboard, however he is having a fantastic start to his season.

Barratt - After holding various conversations I now know that I'm not the only one to see Barratt is struggling with the step up in class.  It is fine when the striker is just a big lump, however soon as they have a bit of trickery and pace it puts Barratt all over the show.(Especially so far this season)  He was our saviour last season, but no where near replicated that kind of form.

Jay Smith - A class player, however cannot see how he'll be more than a bit part one this season due to the kind of form Guttridge is in.  Still much rather have Bentley in the team as well who will continue to work 110% for 90minutes breaking down attacks.

Lawson - Thats controversial in itself.  The boys obviously got talent, but only reason in the squad is due to our shortage of players upfront.

Freddy - Well not really enough said.  I'll stick my neck out on the line for this one too and say I think he has been awful so far and I'm appalled by his performances.  Harsh? Yes, probably.  Certainly not showed the form or even spells of last seasons talent we all saw anyhow.

8 players listed and I disagree with every single word you type.  However, I'm sure I'm wrong as your opinion is always fact.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Aug. 30 2005,15:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 28 2005,22:08)]repeat again Kev the crab, backwards Petts and overated and negative Gutts will not create us enough goals. And just to be positive for a moment, Flavs is best keeper in the division, Barrett is a prize asset, Jay Smith is quality that will be playing in a higher division in time, Lawson is one for the future and Freddy enough said.
I never usually can reply to your posts as I just know how stupid you really are, but this one I just have to.

I'll start with your negative comments.

Kev - Captain Marvel who's proved all the original doubters wrong to show that without him its like Man Utd without Roy Keane(five years ago!)

Petts - No, not backwards Pettefer.  Defensive Petts who will not give the ball away every time he gets it. (ie. Gower)

Guttridge - Well after yesterdays performance I really do not think a lot more needs to be said.

Now for me to turn around your positives into negatives.

Flavs - Best keeper? Think thats far too overboard, however he is having a fantastic start to his season.

Barratt - After holding various conversations I now know that I'm not the only one to see Barratt is struggling with the step up in class.  It is fine when the striker is just a big lump, however soon as they have a bit of trickery and pace it puts Barratt all over the show.(Especially so far this season)  He was our saviour last season, but no where near replicated that kind of form.

Jay Smith - A class player, however cannot see how he'll be more than a bit part one this season due to the kind of form Guttridge is in.  Still much rather have Bentley in the team as well who will continue to work 110% for 90minutes breaking down attacks.

Lawson - Thats controversial in itself.  The boys obviously got talent, but only reason in the squad is due to our shortage of players upfront.

Freddy - Well not really enough said.  I'll stick my neck out on the line for this one too and say I think he has been awful so far and I'm appalled by his performances.  Harsh? Yes, probably.  Certainly not showed the form or even spells of last seasons talent we all saw anyhow.

8 players listed and I disagree with every single word you type.  However, I'm sure I'm wrong as your opinion is always fact.
Some good points and well made Einstein.

After the performance Guttridge put in yesterday, anyone who thinks he is poor or only average should think again, unless they are completely blinkered in their dislike of a player. The ball to release Goater to score our first was worth the admission money on its own.

I will not comment on Maher other than he has always been highly rated by his fellow pros, and the fact that he was in the PFA league 2 team bears that out. With respect to Wiggy i think pro players might know a bit about their opponents and their relative merits than you.

I have been a Southend supporter and season ticket holder for more years than i care to remember, and it still never ceases to amaze me how certain members of our "support" will get on a players back over some perceived sin or they for some reason do not like him.

I accept that everyone is entitled to their opinion and that exactly right, but there are too many holes in Wiggy's arguements and posts to hold water. Certainly in view of the fact that most of them are so far wide of the mark or so laughably wrong you must have serious doubts about he/she has watched the same match as you.

I have been seriously impressed by the form of Flavs since January, but to make the assertion that Flavs is the best keeper in this division is ludicrous. IMO, and many others Flavs is not even the best keeper at this club. He is a fine line keeper and his reactions can be brilliant, but we have witnessed too many hapless flaps at balls that have cost us goals at too many crucial times.

The squad that has been assembled at Roots Hall is the best that has been here for many a day, and Tilly, Brush & Ron Martin must take all credit for that. I am sure that even in the next 24 hours we will see one or more player come in as cover, probably loan stars, but giving us a bit more strength in depth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,16:21)]I will not comment on Maher other than he has always been highly rated by his fellow pros, and the fact that he was in the PFA league 2 team bears that out. With respect to Wiggy i think pro players might know a bit about their opponents and their relative merits than you.
Personally I think the opinions of opponents count for little. Opponents will only see a player play twice a season (probably only once when the award is voted for) and often will be in a different position so will not be directly up against that player. Just because someone can play the game it doesn't mean they understand the game and can spot a good player (exhibit A: Alvin Martin's managerial record; exhibit B: Neville Roach). Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger never played the game at a high level, but can spot a player better than most.

I'd place higher value on the opinions of well-informed (sorry Wiggy) fans who have seen that player play regularly home and away.

Of more value would be Maher's team-mates opinion of our skipper. He is often named as the best player at the club, by people who work with him regularly.

Personally I think Maher has responded to the challenge of Guttridge, Bentley and Smith by playing some of his best football for the club and I've been particularly impressed by the way he has battled through a knee injury. I've never doubted his talent, only his drive and I can have no complaints with the way he has battled this season.

Back