• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Repeated advertising pop-ups - how can I stop them?

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
I keep getting a pop-up - well more of a slide-in from the side - advertising "Hot Deals". I assume they are something to do with tracking cookies as they are usually something to do with a thread I'm reading - trainers, even "chit-chat" wild bird seed! How can I stop these ad's appearing?

OK, I have run a virus scan; I'm still getting pop ups at the bottom of the screen (for 3M spray adhesive!) but so far no side ones.

It wont be a virus.

It will be some crappy malware, check your recently installed programs, there will probably be some ad software installed recently (sort by date)

Run malwarebytes (free download).

Also if you use chrome install adblock, that gets rid of everyhthing.

It wont be a virus.

It will be some crappy malware, check your recently installed programs, there will probably be some ad software installed recently (sort by date)

Run malwarebytes (free download).

Also if you use chrome install adblock, that gets rid of everyhthing.
Good advice, mine was caused by something like "movieplayer" attached to chrome. Try a reset to an earlier date too. good luck.

Yeah its when you install something genuine you miss the "would you like to install this junk" tick box somewhere in the install and it plonks it on.

If you sort the installed programs it will have the latest software and you will hopefully be able to uninstall whatever its added.

OK solved it! In the pop up is a tiny 'tools' symbol; I had to zoom out to 75% to find it; in it there's "disable for one week/ever" option and job done!

Thanks for your advice people; they were driving me nuts! :smile:

Youll no doubt find that "tool" in your control panel, even though its disabled Id uninstall it if you can find it.

Back