• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Reserve game againts Scum off!

Glad about it actually, I had it down for 10th March and couldn't go tomorrow.

Colchester have wasted no time, re-arranging a reserve league match at Ipswich tomorrow instead.

It's good news, I reckon. I don't think I can remember the Roots Hall pitch in the state that it's currently in. Certainly at this stage of the season. The last thing it needed was being cut up by a reserve match in the pouring rain.

Saturdays game will be in doubt. Not because of the rain, because of a possible frozen pitch. Temps are set to plummet tomorrow night and every night this week. As low as minus 5 by Fri night. With those sort of temps for 4 consecutive nights, the pitch will be rock solid, especially the South Stand end. Forecast could change though. Just be aware another postponement is very possible...

Saturdays game will be in doubt. Not because of the rain, because of a possible frozen pitch. Temps are set to plummet tomorrow night and every night this week. As low as minus 5 by Fri night. With those sort of temps for 4 consecutive nights, the pitch will be rock solid, especially the South Stand end. Forecast could change though. Just be aware another postponement is very possible...

they should get covers and heaters on it now then.

Last edited:
Would covers protect from frost? Probably a silly question but the pitch will be soaking already and that moisture isn't going to go anywhere in this weather.

Would covers protect from frost? Probably a silly question but the pitch will be soaking already and that moisture isn't going to go anywhere in this weather.

No they dont, hence why Swindon was called off after they cleared all the snow off the covers.

i think so,with heaters,they could stop the pitch icing over and help dry out water,be better than leaving it turn to ice

You'd like to think that we would analyse the temperature through the week, and get a local ref in every day around 2 > 2:30 to see if it would be playable there and then .. if it gets the thumbs down on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday then Friday it would be a formality of calling off the match

Back