• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Did anyone go along today?

I wondered how the trialist Jack Boyle got on. How Obaze did and how the youngsters like George Smith, who seemingly scored a cracker, got on.

Did anyone go along today?

I wondered how the trialist Jack Boyle got on. How Obaze did and how the youngsters like George Smith, who seemingly scored a cracker, got on.

A mere 56 people attended at the final head count (there were a couple of quiet periods in the match!!!).

Boyle didn't eally impose himself on the match; he swapped flanks a couple of times with Soares, one darting run down the inside-right channel culminated in his being easily muscled off the ball. Didn't particularly show a lot, to be honest. Obaze gave a rather typical performance; very strong aerially, but he gets tangled up on the ground and on a couple of occasions this could have led to us conceding.

Weighing into the Evans/Morris debate, I thought Evans managed to make five or six terrific saves (including two whilst floor-bound on the goal-line in the lead-up to the Oxford goal) yet still didn't inspire any confidence but constantly fumbling innocuous shots or crosses, so I don't think he really put any pressure on Morris for what used to be the number one jersey.

George Smith's goal was top-drawer, and I thought generally he looked lively in his usual role just behind the front-man, who on this occasion was Kyle Asante. Asante himself was quite quiet, although he was flagged offside a couple of times in close calls. He had one effort in the second half where he tried to catch the 'keeper out by shooting early, which was a good idea, but he may've been better served using his pace and trying to round him.

Anthony Furlonge had a decent game at right-back and made some crucial interventions, although early on he stgruggled to cut out a couple of centres, whilst the opposite full-back Teddy Nesbitt looked relatively solid whilst also haring up field to support the winger. Merrick James-Lewis was a bit disappointing today; tried to take too many touches and often got caught in possession, which posed us a few problems.

Overall I left Roots Hall thinking that we shaded the game, yet Evans had made a series of fine stops, so Oxford on balance had the better opportunities, but we saw more of the ball.

I believe Boyle is now at Salisbury.

Cheers Rob! As always I enjoyed reading your thoughts!

Went to the game today.

James-Lewis once again, not good enough. Thought Jamie Stevens look assured when he come on and its clear for everyone to see he has magnificent passing ability. Great goal from Smith. Look forward to seeing Stevens and Smith next year involved in the first team squad.

Furlonge and Baucutt first year scholars so great experience for the pair of them to be involved.

Anyone know when the next reserve fixture is as I enjoyed it today?

Good attendence, was at least 250 there.

1. i thought merrick lewis did well in the kane ferdinand role and think he may have taken that role if merrick lewis didnt get injured early season so dont know where you got that from.

2. at least 250 no way which game was you at ??????????????????

Went to the game today.

James-Lewis once again, not good enough. Thought Jamie Stevens look assured when he come on and its clear for everyone to see he has magnificent passing ability. Great goal from Smith. Look forward to seeing Stevens and Smith next year involved in the first team squad.

Furlonge and Baucutt first year scholars so great experience for the pair of them to be involved.

Went to the game today.

Thanks for the report GFFABM and good user name.

Shame to hear that James Lewis-Merrick had a bad game. Maybe his mind was elsewhere because he was being watched by bigger clubs? I heard one of our top shirmper prospects was off to Burnley, and wondered if it could be him.

Steady on. Ok maybe i was wrong about the attendence. I did have a few beers before the game though

I didnt think Merrick James-Lewis played well. Just my opinion. And he hasnt done all year. Needs a run of games, maybe a loan spell somewhere in the Ryma league is what he needs

Back