• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sussex Shrimper

Manager
I had no reply to my e-mail, but I've received a phone call from Dave Jobson this afternoon. The following is the advice I have received, posted as I promised that it would be and without further comment:

All tickets sold for the home stands have been sold on the understanding that they were being sold to home fans - there should in theory be no away support present. In the event that there are away fans present and making themselves known in a manner which is causing aggravation amongst home supporters, fans should inform the nearest supervisor (identifiable by a white jacket as opposed to orange) who will then arrange for that area of the crowd to be filmed by the cameras. If there is evidence that any fan is antagonising the home support then Dave Jobson would expect them to be removed by safety personnel employed for this purpose. It is not, however, the job of the stewards to do this and they should not be expected to.

Either that or we, as fans, take matters into our own hands.

And yes, that is slightly hypocritical compared to my previous anti-hooligan posts. However we are talking about possible 'Essex Reds' thinking they can come into our end and support a team from the other end of the country rather than their local side. That for me is the exception that proves the rule and violence should be permitted.....IMO

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sussex Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2006,13:44)]I had no reply to my e-mail, but I've received a phone call from Dave Jobson this afternoon. The following is the advice I have received, posted as I promised that it would be and without further comment:

All tickets sold for the home stands have been sold on the understanding that they were being sold to home fans - there should in theory be no away support present. In the event that there are away fans present and making themselves known in a manner which is causing aggravation amongst home supporters, fans should inform the nearest supervisor (identifiable by a white jacket as opposed to orange) who will then arrange for that area of the crowd to be filmed by the cameras. If there is evidence that any fan is antagonising the home support then Dave Jobson would expect them to be removed by safety personnel employed for this purpose. It is not, however, the job of the stewards to do this and they should not be expected to.
why dave jobson.. he's no one anymore...

anyway, i'm sure the boys will sort it out...
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 07 2006,13:46)]Either that or we, as fans, take matters into our own hands.

And yes, that is slightly hypocritical compared to my previous anti-hooligan posts. However we are talking about possible 'Essex Reds' thinking they can come into our end and support a team from the other end of the country rather than their local side. That for me is the exception that proves the rule and violence should be permitted.....IMO
to make sure a Mockney red isn't in the home end.. doesn't mean to be a hooligan.. does it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 07 2006,13:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 07 2006,13:46)]Either that or we, as fans, take matters into our own hands.

to make sure a Mockney red isn't in the home end.. doesn't mean to be a hooligan.. does it
Er no....which was exactly the point I was making.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 07 2006,13:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 07 2006,13:47)]
[b said:

Er no....which was exactly the point I was making.
get on the lunch time beers..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 07 2006,13:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sussex Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2006,13:44)]I had no reply to my e-mail, but I've received a phone call from Dave Jobson this afternoon. The following is the advice I have received, posted as I promised that it would be and without further comment:

It's all been happening while you were away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Nov. 07 2006,14:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 07 2006,13:46)]
[b said:

It's all been happening while you were away.
hmmm i'm intrigued...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Nov. 07 2006,14:16)]Dave Jobson is Satdium Manager again after Chris Brown (I think) left to go to Orient:laugh:
chris baker..

oh sh!t,

Jobson out, jobson out... JOBSON OUT!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 07 2006,14:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Nov. 07 2006,14:16)]Dave Jobson is Satdium Manager again after Chris Brown (I think) left to go to Orient:laugh:
chris baker..

oh sh!t,

Jobson out, jobson out... JOBSON OUT!
that's it thanks CSJ

My brother is a steward and he told me last week.

Don't be silly Javea, I think the sight of a few red shirts rolling down the aisles will give the game away..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2006,15:22)]Are you all getting big foam fingers for the witch-hunt tonight?
I know how it must seem from the outside, but really, it's just a little harmless persecution.

Yes, it can get out of hand and, yes, there has been talk about nailing young Essex Reds to the back of the West Stand as a warning to others, but boys will be boys.

So a couple of lads have brought giant wooden crosses along? That's all part of the friendly banter between proper football fans and fat-arsed plastic Premiership scum.

It's important to remember that these people are being beaten senseless for their own safety. We wouldn't want them cheering at the wrong time, so we helpfully remove their teeth first.

Oo.gif

I'm sure it will be alright on the night, just as long as everyone's sensible. I've sat in other people's home ends and our own away end on occasions. Just sit on your hands and shut your mouth, that's simple enough for anyone!

My girlfriend tells me taht they've sold out of Man U Scarfes in JJB's at Southend !
biggrin.gif

On a happier note my work Colleague, a scoucer but supports Man U
rock.gif
was going to the game. He told me they were gonna "smash the place up."
I am happy to inform you that Steve walker (I haven't got a photo to upload but if I did I would) ~a hardman plumber from east Ham has got a cold... and won't be going
tounge.gif

Back