• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rest of the Season..points from where?

watchtheballboys

Youth Team
Tilly has said we need 19 points to avoid relegation so where will they come from?

The Colchester loss was expected so lets see for the rest of the season where we can expect to pick up points......

Tranmere (H) Win.............Total 3 points
MK Dons (A) Loss...............Total 3 points
Norwich (A) Loss...............Total 3 points
Charlton (H) Loss...............Total 3 points
Hartlepool (A) Loss...........Total 3 points
Exeter (H) Win...................Total 6 points
Carlisle (H) Win..................Total 9 points
Walsall (H) Win..................Total 12 points
Bristol R (A) Loss...............Total 12 points
Yeovil (H) Win.....................Total 15 points
Gillingham (A) Loss.............Total 15 points
Leeds (A) Loss......................Total 15 points
Brentford (H) Draw...........Total 16 points
Brighton (H) Win.................Total 19 points
Oldham (A) Loss...................Total 19 points
Stockport (H) Win...............Total 22 points
Southampton (A) Loss.........Total 22 points

It will be very tight, we cannot afford anymore Wycombe type selection screw-ups so yes we can do it and hopefully push on next season.....but have we heard that somewhere before?

We do shoot ourselves in the foot from time to time but with a full squad we can make it.......just!.....your views?

Can see us dropping more points at home than you have predicted there. You are saying we will virtually win every remaining home game and I just cannot see that happening.

We'll get points from games we'll least expect to and lose points in games where we will expect to win, this is the nature of football. Being simplistic we have to win over a third of our remaining games, something we have failed to do thus far this season.

We are in a relegation scrap, but with the likes of Baldwin, Vernon & McCormack to come back, the addition of Watt, Spencer and the seemingly improved form of Scannell we will I hope be ok.

We'll get points from games we'll least expect to and lose points in games where we will expect to win, this is the nature of football. Being simplistic we have to win over a third of our remaining games, something we have failed to do thus far this season.

We are in a relegation scrap, but with the likes of Baldwin, Vernon & McCormack to come back, the addition of Watt, Spencer and the seemingly improved form of Scannell we will I hope be ok.

Great, 2 thirds of your saving players are from us - yet you say we're the tin pot club :finger:

Ever the optimist.....

Can see us dropping more points at home than you have predicted there. You are saying we will virtually win every remaining home game and I just cannot see that happening.

I am ever the optimist and what with the new players and the crowd getting behind the boys I see our home form as the key to staying up....

We cannot afford slip ups but agree it probably will happen but hopefully we can balance it out with the odd point away.......as I said before an optimist!

We'll get points from games we'll least expect to and lose points in games where we will expect to win, this is the nature of football. Being simplistic we have to win over a third of our remaining games, something we have failed to do thus far this season. We are in a relegation scrap, but with the likes of Baldwin, Vernon & McCormack to come back, the addition of Watt, Spencer and the seemingly improved form of Scannell we will I hope be ok.

Not sure I follow this. If we haven't won a third of our games thus far and are not (yet) in a relegation spot, why should we need to improve on our current ratio.

Not sure I follow this. If we haven't won a third of our games thus far and are not (yet) in a relegation spot, why should we need to improve on our current ratio.

We will need to get to 50/51 points to stay up IMO, therefore that's 20 points to gain, which in effect is 6 wins & 2 draws (I said it was simplistic). But you are right we don't have to really improve our win ratio as long as we keep gaining points.

52 points is always enough, sometimes 50 will do it. So 21 points to get!

The way I look at it the season starts here. 17 games to get a minimum of 21 points. I'm not going to take much notice of the table on a game-by-game basis just how many points we and others collect.

Starting tonight with
Brighton v Huddersfield - away win please
Gillingham v Tranmere! - draw please
Swindon v Olham - home win please

Last edited:

Charlton (H) draw...............Total 4 points
Hartlepool (A) Loss...........Total 4 points
Exeter (H) Win...................Total 7 points
Carlisle (H) draw...............Total 8 points
Walsall (H) draw...............Total 9 points
Bristol R (A) Loss...............Total 9 points
Yeovil (H) Win.....................Total 12 points
Gillingham (A) draw...........Total 13 points
Leeds (A) Loss......................Total 13 points
Brentford (H) Draw...........Total 14 points
Brighton (H) loss.................Total 14 points
Oldham (A) draw.................Total 15 points
Stockport (H) draw............Total 16 points
Southampton (A) Loss.........Total 16 points

Hope I'm wrong :(

Tilly has said we need 19 points to avoid relegation so where will they come from?

The Colchester loss was expected so lets see for the rest of the season where we can expect to pick up points......

Charlton (H) Loss...............Total 3 points
Hartlepool (A) Loss...........Total 3 points
Exeter (H) Win...................Total 6 points
Carlisle (H) Win..................Total 9 points
Walsall (H) Win..................Total 12 points
Bristol R (A) Loss...............Total 12 points
Yeovil (H) Win.....................Total 15 points
Gillingham (A) Loss.............Total 15 points
Leeds (A) Loss......................Total 15 points
Brentford (H) Draw...........Total 16 points
Brighton (H) Win.................Total 19 points
Oldham (A) Loss...................Total 19 points
Stockport (H) Win...............Total 22 points
Southampton (A) Loss.........Total 22 points

It will be very tight, we cannot afford anymore Wycombe type selection screw-ups so yes we can do it and hopefully push on next season.....but have we heard that somewhere before?

We do shoot ourselves in the foot from time to time but with a full squad we can make it.......just!.....your views?

Basically you are hoping for an impeccable home record which quite simply won't happen with no goals being scored. I see us picking up another 15 points this season.

Whilst I agree with that, I also think it is even more unlikely that we don't pick up a single point away from home in 2010.

Even when we were last relegated we still managed to pick up 7 points from our final 8 away games.

February is almost a write off points wise, anything we can get will be a bonus.Its the 3 Home games in March against Exeter, Carlisle and Walsall that are crucial, they will be absolutley must wins. Much like the must win home games at the end of the season we had when we were in the Championship......oh er!

Back