• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Restaurant help

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Afternoon all

I need some help, Its my mums 60th in 2 weeks and my Sister and I will be taking my mum out for Dinner on the Saturday night. There will be 6 of us and i wondered if anyone could suggest somewhere nice but not to posh?

Cheers in advance
Andy

Afternoon all

I need some help, Its my mums 60th in 2 weeks and my Sister and I will be taking my mum out for Dinner on the Saturday night. There will be 6 of us and i wondered if anyone could suggest somewhere nice but not to posh?

Cheers in advance
Andy

Andy,

Depending upon what's "too posh", La Quinta in Benfleet road is a fantastic restaurant. Otherwise, try this thread. It's a couple of years old, but I'm sure most of the restaurants are the same...

Having said that, the one restaurant I recommended is now something else!

Cheers Mate, La quinta looks and sounds lovely but i don't want to go out as far as benfleet if i can help it as she lives by the airport.

You can't do much better than the Rendezvous at the Kursaal - the food is really good. All depends on budget and food preferences though.

Got to say, La Quinta's had a few dodgy moments recently from what I've heard. The Boatyard in Leigh is also fantastic, the Blue Strawberry in Hatfield Peverel is another good choice, as is the Woodmans at Thundersley.

I would recommend The Dining Room on London Road (Leigh), opposite Monty's Bar.

Excellent food and surroundings if a little pricey.

Slassor's on the Seafront has a very good rep & you can take your own booze, i.e. Champers, beer, wine etc. Their fish dishes are meant to be some of the best you can get.

Maybe somebody who has been there recently can confirm how good it still is.

Try The Popular Restaurant on Leigh Broadway is excellent especially if you like Greek Cypriot type cooking. I recommend the lamb kleftico.

Slassor's on the Seafront has a very good rep & you can take your own booze, i.e. Champers, beer, wine etc. Their fish dishes are meant to be some of the best you can get.

Maybe somebody who has been there recently can confirm how good it still is.

I've been in there a couple of times for family meals. It's nice enough I suppose. However the last time I went there was straight after England got knocked out of the World Cup by Portugal. I was very ****ed and ****ed off so don't remember a great deal about the food.

There's also a really good restaurant at Thames Drive, which has just changed hands and I think names, it's just after the Tesco express. It's now run by the former head chef from the Cliffs and all reports I've had back are that the food's excellent. I think it used to be Alvarros, might be wrong though.

I haven't been there for a while but the Labworth on Canvey island isn't bad and it has the best view in the area.

It's also not bad for breakfast and lunch.

Back