• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good spot. My suggestion was Century Way. It was quite appropriate at the time.

Somebody must be able to make an anagram out of that...:winking:

The Promenade Shopping Park

Rons......

Best I can get is "Ron Martin Keeps Hope...." but then I have P A H D P and G left over!

So thats at least 4 unlet units that we know about. If I remember my ancient history correctly didnt we at one stage say that 70/80 % of units had been pre-let? Looks like we are having to do it all again. Are we still waiting for council to rubber stamp proposed changes to retail area?

..... because they'll be no public transport and we'll have to walk there?

Sorry, but it seems a strange choice to me.

So thats at least 4 unlet units that we know about. If I remember my ancient history correctly didnt we at one stage say that 70/80 % of units had been pre-let? Looks like we are having to do it all again. Are we still waiting for council to rubber stamp proposed changes to retail area?

The council have issued their opinion on what should be included in an EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) with regards to the modifications of the retail units.

The club now have to produce this assessment, similar to what they have already done for the original plans. And submit to the council and other authorities. This should be passed through pretty quickly, as the changes are not going to impact much more on the surrounding environment.

I believe that will be the last loose end that needs to be tied up. With regards to planning anyway.

Then there is just the small matter of the 8 (?) businesses/properties on Vic Ave, that are holding the whole project up...

Last edited:
..... because they'll be no public transport and we'll have to walk there?

Sorry, but it seems a strange choice to me.

In all fairness Mick, we could sign Messi, Villa and Pedro on loan next week and you'd complain that they're too small, too foreign and you don't like their haircuts.

Could be right, but they normally mean 70/80% of lettable space. So you may have 1 unit let of 800m2 and 1 unit empty of 200m2. So either 80% let or 50% let, depending on how you look at it. Developers will try to quote whatever % is the highest, but the finance guys are only interested in space not number of units.

In all fairness Mick, we could sign Messi, Villa and Pedro on loan next week and you'd complain that they're too small, too foreign and you don't like their haircuts.

They wouldn't get selected as they haven't played for Sturrock before. Only joking, before you start.

I'm not actually complaining; just saying it's a strange choice. "Promenade" as I'm sure you know is all about walking in a social amenity especially on the seafront.

If you've got connections at the club, and you must have, and that really is going to be the name, tell someone to get their finger out and reserve the relevant domain names (currently available for a small fee) before someone unscrupulous does.

If you've got connections at the club, and you must have, and that really is going to be the name, tell someone to get their finger out and reserve the relevant domain names (currently available for a small fee) before someone unscrupulous does.

**Rushes off to secure them**

Could be right, but they normally mean 70/80% of lettable space. So you may have 1 unit let of 800m2 and 1 unit empty of 200m2. So either 80% let or 50% let, depending on how you look at it. Developers will try to quote whatever % is the highest, but the finance guys are only interested in space not number of units.

Thankfully one of those rare occasions when size is all important!:winking:

Somebody must be able to make an anagram out of that...:winking:

The Promenade Shopping Park

Rons......

Ron - Phospate gem kidnapper.

There - something else we can blame him for... I was wondering where all the phosphate gems were.

Martin out!

Back