• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

retro shirt v. Norwich

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 22 2005,09:41)]Some slight over-reactions here possibly...

rock.gif

Personally, I go for the football. So long as they are getting that right then I'm happy.
It might well be an over-reaction, but I'm really disappointed more isn't being done for this. Things like this don't happen everyday, so you'd think there'd be a big song and dance about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ July 22 2005,11:58)]... you'd think there'd be a big song and dance about it.
Won't The Blue Belles be taking care of this bit?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 22 2005,11:41)]Some slight over-reactions here possibly...

rock.gif

Personally, I go for the football. So long as they are getting that right then I'm happy.
I don't think so, Steve. One of the club's first big anniversary celebrations and the club have cocked it up. I would have bought a couple of retro shirts and I know plenty who would have done the same. It makes perfect financial sense and they've blown it.

It really doesn't bode well for the centenary celebrations next season ... although the Trust are involved so they might be able to kick the commercial department into shape by then ...

WS

Note to club - it's our centenary next year. To allow for any 'time constraints' that may occur maybe you should start planning now.....?

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 22 2005,17:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 22 2005,11:41)]Some slight over-reactions here possibly...

rock.gif

I don't think so, Steve. One of the club's first big anniversary celebrations and the club have cocked it up. I would have bought a couple of retro shirts and I know plenty who would have done the same. It makes perfect financial sense and they've blown it.

It really doesn't bode well for the centenary celebrations next season ... although the Trust are involved so they might be able to kick the commercial department into shape by then ...

WS
I completely agree with that post Mike - I['d probably have bought a shirt myself too.

What I found an over-reaction was the all-too-oft trotted out claim that 'they are taking the ordinary supporters who turn up week-in week-out for mugs'...

ok, so they cocked this up, it is NOT part of some campaign where they take us all for a ride and have a good old snigger in the boardroom at our expense...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 22 2005,12:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ July 22 2005,11:58)]... you'd think there'd be a big song and dance about it.
Won't The Blue Belles be taking care of this bit?
. . . i hope not if their singing is as bad as their dancing

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ July 22 2005,19:51)]Note to club - it's our centenary next year. To allow for any 'time constraints' that may occur maybe you should start planning now.....?

mad.gif
Maybe the Club are waiting to make sure that it IS the centenary next year?!

Can someone let them know that the season starts on August 6th?!

Maybe best to remind them that Christmas Day is on December 25th just in case they don't realise because I don't think "couldn't meet the time constraints" will go down well with their families when they turn up without presents ...

WS

glare.gif

I'd also like to point out that the commercial department isn't responsible for the club shop.

Im sure the club hates making money.Anything that makes the club money there just not intrested in.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 23 2005,11:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ July 23 2005,12:02)]I'd also like to point out that the commercial department isn't responsible for the club shop.
Who is then?

WS
The Club Shop!

Who is ......?

So who was responsible for leaving the retro shirt concept out of the 50th centenary celebrations? Which numb-skull came out with the now classic "couldn't meet time constraints" line?! For an anniversary?!

WS

sounds like it might be an idea if " the Club Shop" and the "Commercial Department" were introduced to each other, then maybe the Club Shop ( which for those of you who dont live in Southend is not actually a shop at all but stilll a building site , despite us playing our second home game of the season today !!!!! ) could liase with each other and make some much needed revenue for the Club. Still i suppose the builders werent made aware of the time constraints that we had our first home game last Wednesday and a 50 th anniversary game today !!!!! ......... laugh I nearly bought a drink.......... lets home that the Manergerial Dept ie Tilly and Brush dont have as many problems communicatng with the Players Department !!!!

Back