• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Revell against Swindon

JoshC

Members
Quality game from Revs, worked his socks and a good headed goal too. Obviously meant alot to him to get off the mark at the Hall judging by his celebrations!

Yep, very good from Revs today. Can't see him taking Banard or Freedmans place. Definitely a great back up player for either of them, just makes you wonder whether there will be another chance for Furlong after a good performance from Revs and Laurent!

There is absolutely no feasible reason for Furlong to be here after today... Both Revell and Laurent are just as capable as him in the air with the added extra of still being mobile.

I thought Revel was a class act today... He continuously pulled off his marker towards the post's dying for the ball to be played into him, only for the cross to fail. As soon as Betsy delivered a ball into the box, Revel converted. Also put himself on the line to knock the ball back for Walker, only for him to slot it wide with nothing but goal to aim for.

Revs gets better and better. Very pleasing performance, his best in a Blue shirt, and absolutely brilliant for him to get his first at The Hall in a Southend shirt. Quite rightly MOM.

He's a legend already. You just can't dislike someone who puts THAT much effort in. His blogs are great too, which was a masterstroke by the club to help the fans like him, after the problems we've had with our fans and non-prolific strikers.

definitely a great performance from revs today. looks a different player to last year. was just wondering though that although furlong isnt playing dont you think having someone like that behind the scenes is helping revs a huge amount because to be honest his ability to know when to bring the ball down, when to flick on and when to lay off has improved vastly since furlong came to the club. just a thought.

if i did have one critism of revs its that i think he needs to learn when to chase the ball down, because at the moment he chases eveything but then looks completely knackered after an hour or so. maybe if he learnt what balls to chase and what balls he would never even have the slightest chance to win then we could see even more from him because he would be a lot fresher for longer. and to be quite honest i think he does and can bring a lot to our team

There is absolutely no feasible reason for Furlong to be here after today... Both Revell and Laurent are just as capable as him in the air with the added extra of still being mobile.

I thought Revel was a class act today... He continuously pulled off his marker towards the post's dying for the ball to be played into him, only for the cross to fail. As soon as Betsy delivered a ball into the box, Revel converted. Also put himself on the line to knock the ball back for Walker, only for him to slot it wide with nothing but goal to aim for.

Hmmm. I remain to be convinced that Laurent is anywhere as near as effective under the high ball.

He's a legend already. You just can't dislike someone who puts THAT much effort in. His blogs are great too, which was a masterstroke by the club to help the fans like him, after the problems we've had with our fans and non-prolific strikers.

Err, Matt Harrold?

Revs and Harrold are very similar players in terms of their style and ability. The difference between them though is that Harrold wouldn't have got in there for the goal and wouldn't have been sniffing around in and around the six yard box all the other times that Revell was today.

Revs and Harrold are very similar players in terms of their style and ability. The difference between them though is that Harrold wouldn't have got in there for the goal and wouldn't have been sniffing around in and around the six yard box all the other times that Revell was today.
Would want him in the trenches with me a 100% player,that will do for me.

I hate the way anyone who has a good game is called a "legend"

He worked hard and scored today. A very good performance and a likeable guy agreed. Question marks still need to be asked about his heading in my book as he won very few flick ons.

But calling him a legend when he has made what 10-15 apperances for the club is well over the mark.

A decent footballer, very hard worker but sadly for him back up to Barney and Freedman.

I hate the way anyone who has a good game is called a "legend"

He worked hard and scored today. A very good performance and a likeable guy agreed. Question marks still need to be asked about his heading in my book as he won very few flick ons.

But calling him a legend when he has made what 10-15 apperances for the club is well over the mark.

A decent footballer, very hard worker but sadly for him back up to Barney and Freedman.

Hardly. He worked very hard, and I admire that, but the fact of the matter is he is simply not good enough.

His hardly a legend already is he. Cult hero yes, legend no. The word legends gets used far too much in todays game and generally at people who don't deserve it.

Yes Revell played well. He worked his socks off, scored a very decent goal, won his flick ons and was involved in a lot of our good forward play but that doesn't make someone a legend.

For the record, I'm a big Revell fan.

I thought he won quite alot of headers Dave!

He did indeed, he wins a huge amount of flick ons and if Walker had gambled on more (any) of them they would have been really useful.
He won a superb one in the second half and walker was just wandering around 20 yards out, if he had made a run would have had an easy chance (which he no doubt would have put wide....)

Hardly. He worked very hard, and I admire that, but the fact of the matter is he is simply not good enough.

That isn't a "fact" though, it is simply your opinion. Tilly's opinion is that he IS good enough, at least for now, and I will happily accept that.

Very rarely disagree with you Beefy, but can't let that one go. Harrold was always in the mix in the box, which is why he got the assists he did (and which the Harrold Haters conveniently disregard). The only meaningful difference between Revs and Harrold is Revs extrovert personality and his "legendary" Blog.

Back