• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Revell return ?

Also in the Echo today actually, and wouldn't exactly call it a cheap option.

I hope when he says he still talks to people at Southend that includes the management . It is one thing for the management to tell him that they are still looking at the situation, and another for them not to be talking at all

Personally, I can't see any harm in him coming back here and being given the oppurtunity to fight for his place. Nobody else seems capable of laying a claim to partner Barnard and he certainly offers another dimension to our attack.

If he's given a run of games and his performances are poor, then by all means move him on, but to cast him out cheaply could prove counter productive.

Well if this scenario was to play out it would not look good on the board at all! Whether we agreed or not, Revell was sent out on loan with the official line being he's not good enough, so for them to replace someone who's scored 17 in half a season with him would be a massive contradiction. Can't see it happening.

Revs scored a few goals for us and did ok, but nowhere near the likes of Barnard, deserves another chance at least, but i still think we need some more quality strikers.
Quality is the key word there. Revs is liked buy a lot of zoners because imo of his work ethic while on the pitch, and being an allround decent guy, but if he played 30 games a season he would not get you more than a handfull of goals,for a forward that just aint good enough.

Quality is the key word there. Revs is liked buy a lot of zoners because imo of his work ethic while on the pitch, and being an allround decent guy, but if he played 30 games a season he would not get you more than a handfull of goals,for a forward that just aint good enough.

Am I not right in thinking that when we signed Revs, he'd ripped us apart earlier in the season playing the same kind of role Laurent does now? In that case, why did we try and turn him into something he wasn't?

I always thought he was a striker for Brighton? I don't rate him at all and hope that he is sold or loaned out again. He is a glorified Matt Harrold, and if cutting his wages means getting in someone who can partner Barney who knows where the back of the net is then its worthwhile dumping the crap to bring in someone decent.

I would love to come back and work for an employer who said I was rubbish -- not !!!!!

Sometimes Ken, you have to do things in your professional life that you don't like though and this could be one of them. I know when I was in banking, there were a few departmental heads that told it as it was, and there was one poor old guy who really wasn't much cope at anything but if it was his turn to work in a certain area, then he had to......and the heads had to lump it! He was in his 50s and it would have been far too expensive to give him voluntary whenever it came around. Different scenario but you get this gist.

Revs played quite a few games out wide, like Laurent does now. Wingers don't score too many goals, JCR didn't score many for us, although he has scored a few more at Barnsley. Maybe its the quality of players around you that matters!!

Revs played quite a few games out wide, like Laurent does now. Wingers don't score too many goals, JCR didn't score many for us, although he has scored a few more at Barnsley. Maybe its the quality of players around you that matters!!

Revell isn't a winger.

He doesn't have the pace, trickery or ability on the ball to be considered a winger. Yes, he did a good job against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge out wide but that was for his defensive work. The only time we looked a threat in that game was Stanislas on the left.

Revell not in Swindon team today. Can't be about being cup tied. So, what does it mean? My guess is he is on way back to us

Revell not in Swindon team today. Can't be about being cup tied. So, what does it mean? My guess is he is on way back to us
The official line was "for club reasons Alex Revell is unavailable to play" make of that what you will. It came from the manager last night apparently. UTB.

hope he is on his way back, we could get ring side seats for the Revell vs King punch up, well we need some excitement don't we?

Back